Home Precious Metals

USPS Flat Rate Priority "Regional" rates

derrybderryb Posts: 36,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I've noted since this thread began is that now a 2 ounce package first class costs $2.62, up $.17 shipping via eBay. I think a job at the post office must be the life. All my friends who work there are rich.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

The only thing I've noted since this thread began is that now a 2 ounce package first class costs $2.62, up $.17 shipping via eBay. I think a job at the post office must be the life. All my friends who work there are rich.

The ones I know aren't really rich, but they are not hurting one bit. One guy I know has accumulated something like 50 weeks of vacation now, he's going to use it all when he retires. Which I keep telling him the way they are in debt, he should, but he likes the exercise.

Also, I think I've said this here before. I know how to solve their debt problems. Raise a stamp to be $1 and be done with the .03 raises. Promise to not raise it for 10-15 years. Leave all the other service rates the same for at least 5 years. At the same time, pay freeze for all employees for 3 years. Shouldn't be that hard to get all this done.

I think most people wouldn't have a problem with that...$1 to send something across country is still a hell of a deal.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still put checks in the mail for bills. $1 would make me stop that, even though that's about the only time I actually do any handwriting anymore.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DrBuster

I still put checks in the mail for bills. $1 would make me stop that, even though that's about the only time I actually do any handwriting anymore.

Really? Even if there was some way to guarantee they couldnt raise it for 15 years and the Priority rates wouldn't change for 5 years?

I get that bills and alot of other things can be done via the Web, but you're sometimes paying fees to do that, plus your monthly fee from your internet provider.

For me, for the limited amount of things that I send in the mail that I could do via the Web, (only talking about letters, not packages that are Priority rates) it still works out to be cheaper sending it snail mail even if it was for $1.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.