Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    With 6 hours to, the high bid, with BP, is $45,410.00.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The LINK.

Not sure - what's the average VCP for a 9.

Obviously there's gonna be some sliders, near OCs and some spot on.

Ya really need to know what's in there or ya might wind up losing your shirt on resale?

Wouldn't be surprised if a few guys may be going in on something like this?
    Mike
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this card still selling for $800+?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Is this card still selling for $800+?

looks like most are in the $650 - $700 range and dropping now. Not following close, just a quick ebay glance

• Options
    Just did an advanced eBay search for 9s sold.

It's all over the board.

Some were "shilled" all the up to a grand. I would guess someone is hoping for a regrade to a 10?

This is a low one at almost $400:

Centering is major here. But, also, if ya look closely at some of these 80Ts? They're true "sliders" IMO.

Did see a 9 with a corner like this:

Mike
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Maybe someone looking to buy a hoard and praying to get a 10 bump out of one of them?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stone193
    Just did an advanced eBay search for 9s sold.

It's all over the board.

Some were "shilled" all the up to a grand. I would guess someone is hoping for a regrade to a 10?

This is a low one at almost $400:

Centering is major here. But, also, if ya look closely at some of these 80Ts? They're true "sliders" IMO.

Did see a 9 with a corner like this:

Corner and edge issues on the photo magnification, yikes. I'll stick with my PSA 9 Henderson that is centered nice and has good corners. A good, clean wouldn't bump in a thousand years but still a nice 9 card image.

• Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lahmejoon

Maybe someone looking to buy a hoard and praying to get a 10 bump out of one of them?

I can assure you, with 99% certainty, that the seller of this lot has gone through each and every one of these 9's with laser focus. Any card that had a chance for a bump, is long gone.
    Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: Sdub

I can assure you, with 99% certainty, that the seller of this lot has gone through each and every one of these 9's with laser focus. Any card that had a chance for a bump, is long gone.

B-I-N-G-O!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    With buyer's premium, this auction is at $50,190.00 as of 8:30pm, 08/27.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it begs the question, would you rather have one 10 or one hundred 9's?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

Good question David. image

Mike
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

As long as it's not the Dmitri Young Henderson 10, which has worse centering R/L than my 9, I'll take the one 10 in this case for ego's sake image

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq
    Originally posted by: Sdub

B-I-N-G-O!

IMHO if you cracked and sent them all in you have a 1 in 100 chance of getting a 10. You would have to send them in very slowly, with a max of 5 in each sub. I just don't see the real downside, even if you don't hit you would still have some valuable Henderson rookies.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    I just don't see the real downside

30 or so becoming 8s.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

30 or so becoming 8s.

30 seems like a large number
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

30 or so becoming 8s.

30 seems like a large number

Whatever the number, it's a $600+ loss each + grading fees/shipping/etc on all. If these have already been picked over for 'high end' candidates, leaving only mid-low end for the grade, I don't think a 70/30 split is too unreasonable of an expectation. Even if it's only 10, that's still over a $6k+ loss in the likely event you don't win the lottery and get a PSA 10. Seems like plenty of potential downside to me.