Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Stay Away From This Mantle Rookie Auction

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252512903222

This guy from Arkansas has a new ebay account like once every 2 weeks. He auctions off PSA 10 michael jordan rookies and psa low grade mantle rookies. He does not own them; post auction he tries to "bait and switch" you by offering you 5% off the hammer price if you send him paypal gift instead of paying the hammer via ebay. If you say no, then he offers to cut your price if you do paypal invoice. This is not better...he wants to avoid a negative so he does not have to change accounts again on ebay, so he hopes you accept and he cancels the auction so there is no record. He then never sends the card and rips off paypal. You win the case, but it takes 3 weeks and your money is tied up. I have reported him like 10 different times since March. He keeps coming back. So if you see a low feedback seller offering high end from Arkansas, it is him. Avoid. Pass the word...

HGL

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duely noted. Sorry you got burned but thanks for passing it along.

Kevin

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes eBay is the Wild West..... (For low feedback sellers) Think your covered threw protection think again. Lots of loop holes.... I'm out a couple house payments.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $15,000+ with a 3 feedback seller? I thought there were selling limits on new sellers.
    Mike
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    As long as there are bidders willing to take shell out that kind of cash to sellers like that, it will never stop.
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ndleo

$15,000+ with a 3 feedback seller? I thought there were selling limits on new sellers.

The starting bid was only $10 though.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where the pic is from. Doesn't appear to from a recent auction, and card appears pretty recently graded.
  • Options
    That's not a rookie card. It's his first Topps card.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

That's not a rookie card. It's his first Topps card.

Then I want my money back!

Mike
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    He's good 3/4 of the time, what's the problem?

hi Mike!

Good for you.
  • Options
    Lots of these popping up lately. Amazing we can see it but eBay doesn't. They need to do a better job of weeding these guys out. To me it's obvious, but as you can see plenty of people bite the line if you put it out there
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: WinPitcher

He's good 3/4 of the time, what's the problem?

hi Mike!

Hiya Steve!

Mike