Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Second submission is in

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
This submission was for regrades ( coins already in PCGS holders). All of the coins except for two were already a 67 or 68 so I wasn't expecting a lot. I decided to take the chance since several of the coins needed a new holder or I wanted them holdered reverse side up. I like my Oregon's that way since my set is predicated on reverse toning first.

Anyways, I did get a couple bumps and overall I think the coins are in the correct holders perhaps one or two could go up. Zero complaints with PCGS. I think this submission was a push financially. ( unlocking equity vs costs)

At the end of the day I'm satisfied.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet! The thought of giving the rest of my manhood for that 1926-S Oregon and the 1942 half was brief, but it was there.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,888 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at your move. One to emulate.
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Another gorgeous group of coins Mark....thanks for sharing and congratulations!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

like the 45 walker and the 42 target!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Oregon Commens! I may have to take a look at some of my nicer pieces and consider regrades, if they are worth the uptick in value like your 26-S.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Originally posted by: oih82w8

Very nice Oregon Commens! I may have to take a look at some of my nicer pieces and consider regrades, if they are worth the uptick in value like your 26-S.

That went in a 67 and came out a 67. I thinks it's a 67 ; )

mark
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Nice Nice! You need sunglasses to look directly at those!
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some incredibly beautiful halves. image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, congrats!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

Originally posted by: oih82w8

That went in a 67 and came out a 67. I thinks it's a 67 ; )

mark

Gotcha...If it was a 66 and went 67, then the value doubled...that is the kind of up-tick I was referring to.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    MarkInDavisMarkInDavis Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭
    Love the '37 and '40 proof walkers!
    image Respectfully, Mark
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stooge
    Those are some incredibly beautiful halves. image

Agreeimage
  • Options
    JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With coins like that I am not sure it really matters what the holder says. Great coins!

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding group of coins Mark.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love all of them, but the 41-S is my favorite!
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭
    MJ, wonderful coins! I don't see why your Hawaiian is not at least a 65.
    TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Superb.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Standing Liberty Half dollars are all amazing. My second favorite silver coinimage Great photos who ever took them too.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all fantastic, but what a great Hawaiian that is.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: gsa1fan

Standing Liberty Half dollars are all amazing. My second favorite silver coinimage Great photos who ever took them too.

You mean Walking Liberty Half Dollars? image

That is a spectacular group of coins! My favorites are the 41-S and 45-D.
  • Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of great stuff here but that 41-S is tremendous.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: david3142
    Originally posted by: gsa1fan

You mean Walking Liberty Half Dollars? image

That is a spectacular group of coins! My favorites are the 41-S and 45-D.

I said second favoriteimageimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JBNJBN Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those proofs must be wonderful to view in hand.

I join the group in admiration of the 41-S.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: JBN

All those proofs must be wonderful to view in hand.

I join the group in admiration of the 41-S.

I finally registered the proof set. I'll post in a thread soon but I didn't want to hog the board.

mark

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous! Which of the coins upgraded?
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JJSingleton

With coins like that I am not sure it really matters what the holder says. Great coins!

+1

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    You have too many nice Oregon's.

That 1942 is electric image
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, those are beautiful! I'm partial to the Oregons. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonderful stuff, Mark!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy that you got the results you wanted. Amazing group of commems/walkers you've posted this past week. These days, one submission rarely "optimizes" the grades. In the hands of one of the big players, they'd get a few more of those into higher holders within a few months.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file