Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

census question (national)

Can anybody tell me what the census is on a:

1882 Brown Back $20 The Charlotte National Bank ch# 5055

cant find any pricing history in past auction(s) (in fact cant even find a sale)

Have a customer who has one?

thanks
Jim

Comments

• goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    A $10 BB was sold by Heritage four months ago in PMG 45 for $3,760 all in per Track & Price; no other BB notes are reported.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw the 10, but cant find any info on sales of the 20's. Its my understanding that there are 4 notes per sheet of 10's, but 20's only came 1 with 3 other 10's?

Is this correct and if so: would the 20 be scarcer than the 10 or doesn't it even matter

Thks
  • goodpapergoodpaper Posts: 66 ✭✭✭
    There are other resources for tracking Nationals that would likely be more comprehensive than T&P, perhaps other board members would be able to clarify. Regarding the scarcity of 10's vs. 20's, in this case, I don't believe there would be much "market" differentiation between the two denominations.
    "Specializing in Small Size US currency but likely to buy anything high grade or interesting".
  • BGguyBGguy Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Yes these Brown Backs were printed $10-10-10-20, so only $20 was printed one per sheet. The market should appreciate the rarity of $20s over $10s and support a premium, but realistically the market doesn't do that.
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BGguy
    Yes these Brown Backs were printed $10-10-10-20, so only $20 was printed one per sheet. The market should appreciate the rarity of $20s over $10s and support a premium, but realistically the market doesn't do that.