Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1989 Fleer 1990 UD 1990 Donruss Error Boxes Help

I just bought a collection and he was a former dealer. I have a couple of questions if anyone knows how to tell. The 1989 F there are 12 wax, 6 cello, and 3 rack boxes. Other than busting packs do you know anyway to tell if it is the FF versions? On the UD and D he actually had sticky notes on the boxes that said they were the error boxes. These were in storage and from shows he did back in the 1990's so I assume he was selling them as an honest guy but I don't know what to look for to tell. There was also 3 1990 T boxes in the mix. I'm really thinking about opening those to look for a NNOF Thomas. I bought 80 boxes for $300 so I'm really not out anything if I need to bust a few of the 89 F to find out but I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks in advance for insight.
#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
#FIREDAYTONMOORE

Comments

• Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭
    At $4 per box, it sounds like you got a great deal. I remember some of the 1990 Donruss error boxes being factory sealed in a cello wrap with the “Donruss” logo on the front.
    Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    There used to be tons of threads on this topic. Fleer had a product code on the box or case that gave an indication of the possibilities of what card to pull. I just don't remember any more. I know I pulled a scribble and a white box (along with the black box) from the same case back in ninety-something. Since I too am wanting to collect one of each of the errors, I would like to know this info as well. I'll do some back searching, although I think many of those threads are long gone.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets