Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

purchase a card

If someone has a card on "buy sell trade" that I want to buy, how do I go about buying it?

Comments

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Send them a PM and be sure to turn yours on under your settings so they can reply to you.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Whats a pm and how do I turn it on? I have only purchased from ebay. Is this a safe way to buy?
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM is a private message. Generally speaking buying transaction go very well on here. Having said that it is always good to do some homework on a seller before sending money especially PayPal friends and family. To check on your PM you need to click on profile at the top and then click on personal options tab to check for receiving private messages. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanx for clearing some of that up, how do I do homework on a seller? Would it be better to just move the whole transaction to ebay?
  • Options
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: summersolstice27
    Thanx for clearing some of that up, how do I do homework on a seller? Would it be better to just move the whole transaction to ebay?

Feel free to ask for opinions on a specific seller, others here can share their experiences. I have zero hesitation dealing with anyone who's been on here a while and have never personally had a bad experience. Request a Paypal invoice if you want to be protected (usually 3% on top of the BST asking price), they have dispute resolution similar to eBay without incurring the additional eBay fees (around 9%).
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Move the cursor next to the icon of a printer in the upper right corner of a post. It will say send private message. Click on it to send that person a PM. As far as moving the sale to ebay I guess they would if you agreed to pay all fees.

Edited to add: If someone on here didn't follow through with a sale I'm sure they would be outed. I haven't seen a post lately calling out a seller. In my 5 years here I've only seen a handful of complaints.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    Thanx for all the help and advice guys I appreciate you
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Agreed