Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My All-Time Favorite Player

Comments

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    So, are you collecting all of his cards? Is there a checklist available?
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get those in person?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Love the USFL card. I flipped when I saw it.
  • Options
    Yes indeed , I got them signed today in person when Jim Kelly was signing at Frontier Field at Rochester Red Wings game . I waited almost 2 hours before the gates opened and there was still 40 people in front of me, but there was about 2,000 to 3,000 behind me. The 1984 Topps USFL Rookie is a PSA 8 crack out and the 1987 Topps is a card I had since I was a kid.
  • Options
    The USFL was PSA 8 that I bought the day I found out that Jim Kelly was coming to town . Jim Kelly was my idol .
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    2000! wow!...congrats!!
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    How did he look? He was very sick for a while. Hope he is doing better.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if he regrets the usfl time. Seems like a waste knowing he could have applied his talents in the nfl.
  • Options
    Mickey MaysMickey Mays Posts: 289 ✭✭✭
    According to the Trading Card Database there are more than 2000 different Jim Kelly cards

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/P...m/pid/11021/Jim-Kelly-

• Options
    Jim Kelly looked thin , but was energetic and vibrant .
  • Options
    If Jim Kelly goes straight to Buffalo instead of the USFL , the Bills probably wouldn't have ended up with Bruce Smith . Bruce was the #1 pick in 1985 . Jim Kelly would have made the 1984 and 1985 Bills a better team than 2-14 . The USFL shortened his NFL career, Kelly got sacked so much with the Houston Gamblers, he probably would have played another 2 or 3 years.
  • Options
    Definitely the biggest crowd I've seen at a Red Wings game for an autograph signing , Sammy Watkins and Darryl Strawberry had a of lot people, but not nearly as much as Jim Kelly . There were probably 800 to 1000 people for Rod Carew and Lou Brock when they signed.