Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Submissions - Mostly bad, but still some good (Scans added)

1 1 N9: NOT GRADED No Grade, No Charge This was a Roger Clemens SportzCubz card, a rare promo, that one of the board members was selling a few months ago. Was hoping PSA would encase, but no go.
2 1 26017338 MINT 9 1988 Fleer 53 Akeem Olajuwon Found this in an old card folder in my attic.
3 1 26017339 MINT 9 1988 Fleer 57 Reggie Miller Found this in an old card folder in my attic.
4 1 26017340 MINT 9 1988 Fleer 85 Charles Barkley Found this in an old card folder in my attic.
5 1 26017341 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1974 Topps 150 John Unitas I pulled this from a pack a few months ago.
6 1 26017342 MINT 9 1990 Leaf 300 Frank Thomas This was from a Leaf set my Dad purchased as a gift for Christmas years ago.
7 1 26017343 MINT 9 1989 Upper Deck 1 Ken Griffey Jr. Star Rookie My Dad pulled this Griffey from a pack two months ago.
8 1 26017344 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1955 Topps 2 Ted Williams This was the first card my Dad ever purchased for me.
9 1 26017345 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1951 Topps Ringside 24 James J. Braddock Found in a box.
10 1 26017346 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1994 Upper Deck 19 Michael Jordan Electric Diamond Found in a box.
11 1 26017347 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1987 Fleer 59 Michael Jordan Found in a box.
12 1 N1: EVIDENCE OF TRIMMING 1988 Fleer 17 Michael Jordan Found in a box.
13 1 26017349 MINT 9 1990 Leaf 245 Ken Griffey Jr. This was from a Leaf set my Dad purchased as a gift for Christmas years ago.
14 1 26017350 NEAR MINT 7 2010 Playoff National Treasures Century Signature 128 Bailey Howell Material Purchased from Ebay.
15 1 26017351 GEM MINT 10 2014 Panini Prizm World Cup Signature S-MK Mario Kempes My Mom pulled from a pack of 2014 Panini a few months ago.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.

Comments

• Options
    FANTASTIC!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    Good stuff. definitely share some pictures when they get back.

Were you expecting the PSA 6s? Ive gotten some 6's back in the past where I could have sworn they were 9's or 10's......then I found the tiny wrinkle or something else wrong that merited the low grade.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    not bad at all, congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Go Mom!
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dennis07
    Go Mom!

+1. Mom pulled the Gem! Love the basketball. I know we all hope for 10's but 9's on those 88 Fleers are pretty strong. Awesome that you slabbed the Ted Williams. Definitely please share some scans when they get in hand.
    Steve
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a scan of the Clemens card?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Grimster
    Good stuff. definitely share some pictures when they get back.

Were you expecting the PSA 6s? Ive gotten some 6's back in the past where I could have sworn they were 9's or 10's......then I found the tiny wrinkle or something else wrong that merited the low grade.

I was not, except for the Braddock. When I get them back, I'll look for a surface issue. That is probably it.

Joe

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jackstraw
    Do you have a scan of the Clemens card?

I'll add scans when they get back home.
    Joe

• Options
    Originally posted by: slum22
    Originally posted by: dennis07
    Go Mom!

+1. Mom pulled the Gem! Love the basketball. I know we all hope for 10's but 9's on those 88 Fleers are pretty strong. Awesome that you slabbed the Ted Williams. Definitely please share some scans when they get in hand.

She was so happy to pull an autograph, it was hilarious! She said, "So he really signed this? That's neat."
    Joe

• Options
    eliteco3eliteco3 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Very cool order. Some nice stuff in there for sure.
    A proud collector of PSA products and avid hobby fan
  • Options
    The reason why the Jordan Electric Diamond received a 6 was due to surface loss from the holder it sat in for 20+ years. I didn't notice it when I submitted. The 1987 Fleer was just an ugly card, but has sentimental value. Not 100% sure on my memory, but I think it was the first card I ever saved up for and bought myself from Neil Z's Sports Cards in South Florida.
    Joe

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SpinFadeSplash23
    1 1 N9: NOT GRADED No Grade, No Charge This was a Roger Clemens SportzCubz card, a rare promo, that one of the board members was selling a few months ago. Was hoping PSA would encase, but no go.

I'm hoping to get mine graded as well. Based on measurements, I think it has to go in a Tallboy sub. Did you include any set info in the Comments (i.e. URL link to Beckett for the set)?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

I'm hoping to get mine graded as well. Based on measurements, I think it has to go in a Tallboy sub. Did you include any set info in the Comments (i.e. URL link to Beckett for the set)?

I did not, didn't even cross my mind. This is only the second sub I have ever sent in, so I am not very savvy in this area. I'll reach out to PSA and ask. Thanks for the idea!
    Joe

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

I did not, didn't even cross my mind. This is only the second sub I have ever sent in, so I am not very savvy in this area. I'll reach out to PSA and ask. Thanks for the idea!

No problem. I've had good luck in the past with getting them to recognize sets they've never graded with this method. An email to the general support ahead of time with front/back scans and link/scan of the checklist from a recognized guide can get you the OK before submitting as well.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice cards.

Good looking Williams card.
    Mike
  • Options

I have an update on this! After nearly three months, PSA replied to my email about this card. In short, they said the link to Beckett regarding this card was not enough "proof" for them to consider grading the card. Any ideas?

Joe

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Not enough proof? Wow.
    Perhaps it was mentioned in SCD and that would help you?

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭

I received N9 on my cards & coins also. PSA said they need to be cataloged. Is there a method to get these items cataloged by SCD? If there is, who do I contact?

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

Great cards!

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

@Time4aGansett said:
    Not enough proof? Wow.
    Perhaps it was mentioned in SCD and that would help you?

The SportzCubz prototypes were listed in the 2011 SCD Standard Catalog with a full checklist... shocked PSA won't grade these. I've seen at least one that Beckett has already graded.

• Options

I'll keep trying. Thanks for the great tips!

Joe