Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Don't understand Ebay!

How can you still conduct business on ebay with 95% feedback? This user goes by the name raintele and continues to sell bad packs and unfortunately....people still buying!

Comments

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Matt

• Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I agree, it's sad that sellers continue to do this, but equally sad as there are still buyers.

Red flags
    Matt

• Options
    Thanks for making the link! Totally agree with you! I guess as long ebay get their part I guess it's ok!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only been with eBay since 2003.

Even when I'm careful, crap happens.

I don't post on this stuff since others do and mine would be redundant.

Long story - short. Got an uncontested total refund from Discover.

Here's the last "alibi" that was the beginning of the end.

Sorta like "dead grandmother."

New message from: lucyvanpelt15 (92Blue Star)

HI Mike! Was in hospital for two weeks w a bacteria you get from bleeding ulcers. Will be back at warehouse tomorrow. Before I got sick I was pretty much done w your machine so I think it s just packing and getting you on the road w my shipper. Give you a beep tomorrow afternoon OK? L
    Mike
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the negative feedbacks raintele has is from me. I bought a 1981 Topps baseball box from him and had it shipped to BBCE for authentication. All the packs were bad. Steve thought it was funny that someone would actually open and reseal 1981 Topps packs. When I contacted the seller he accused BBCE of opening the packs and putting them back in the box. I got my refund and left negative feedback. I started a thread on here about this seller when this happened.

James

Edit to add: If you him to ship packs or boxes to BBCE he will cancel the transaction and issue a refund. ALL packs he sells are resealed. The good feedbacks he has are from buyers that don't know the difference.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    A lot of the problem is that the feedback system is so screwed up on ebay that a lot of buyers actually ignore it now. Granted, there should be some sort of system in place
    that actually will suspend/expel sellers that knowingly sell counterfeit or bogus product.

In terms of feedback, take a seller who sells 1000 items per month. He can screw over 10 people and still have 99% feedback. Take a guys who sells 1 item per month, if he gets 1 negative in a year, his FB will be 92% if I am reading the "rolling 12 month feedback score" rule correctly.

Time to take out the percentage and list how many NEGS someone has had. Not to mention, automatic negs for non paying bidders/buyers
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing the feedback for a seller like that is even 95% positive as 100% of the packs are no good. Unfortunately, there are many sellers selling raw wax on eBay that fit that bill. EBay is a virtual minefield for unopened product, at least for pre-1980 product.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I agree that 95% is high considering the fact that all his stuff is bad! If he were at 30%....what would ebay do? Most of the stuff (Unopened) on ebay are resealed junk and if the sellers even remotely thought their stuff was legit...they'd have it graded or authenticated to get the value due for it!
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    If you take a very close look at the products currently being offered by the seller in question and others like him, you will notice what seems to be a merry-go-round of the same packs from the same issues being sold in the same size lots. Almost as if these guys are managing the creation and distribution of these bogus products in a premeditated way. Their M.O. never changes. It IS truly amazing that with so many negs and obvious multiple attempts to steal from other eBay users that they haven't been nailed already. Some of the other cheater pack distributors also deal in athletic socks, from what I can recall, and some of the feedback I read about the quality of the socks was pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    Are there any on there that are legitimate that anyone's bought from recently?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mgrosman

Are there any on there that are legitimate that anyone's bought from recently?

They are out there but few and far between. The problem in many cases is that even good sellers don't know what they have or what to look for when scrutinizing unopened packs, so there's a mix of good and bad product (as opposed to the resealing scammers where all the product is bad). As Jeff mentioned, though, the same sellers are recycling the same listings for the same packs, over and over again and rarely venture outside their comfort zone.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guys that sell wrappers aren't helping the situation.

James
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jfkheat

The guys that sell wrappers aren't helping the situation.

James

Indeed.

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stone193

HI Mike! Was in hospital for two weeks w a bacteria you get from bleeding ulcers. Will be back at warehouse tomorrow. Before I got sick I was pretty much done w your machine so I think it s just packing and getting you on the road w my shipper. Give you a beep tomorrow afternoon OK? L

hospital=county clinic
    bacteria=gonorrhea
    warehouse=shed out back
    sick=hungover
    packing=searching
    shipper=exwife
    tomorrow afternoon=never
    OK?=trust me?

Sorry, just having some fun

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    its just sad...all the unreplied to neg feedback confirms that he is a thief in no uncertain terms...literally stealing money and yet he's allowed to continue selling and ripping people off.

so many shady people, thieves that keep people away from the hobby.

ebay policy...if you have 5 or 10 feedbacks that say you're a thief and you do have not a single excuse, then your acct should be banned. period!! whats debatable about that?
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jmmiller777

Originally posted by: Stone193

hospital=county clinic

bacteria=gonorrhea

warehouse=shed out back

sick=hungover

packing=searching

shipper=exwife

tomorrow afternoon=never

OK?=trust me?

Sorry, just having some fun

Are you kidding me?

That's funny as hell! image

Mike