Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Heritage Auction's Long Beach

The lots were just opened for bid.

Comments

• rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    There's some super nice stuff in the world auction.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rbethea

There's some super nice stuff in the world auction.

+1 I agree!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • image +2, whew! Maybe I could sell my WalMart, Microsoft, and other stocks to afford some of those super nice notes. Probably not, but some really nice notes. image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• what countries (world notes) are hot right now?
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Greg, that is a sellers question. Most here looking at the LB World notes are collectors.

But generally speaking it is the same as USA - it is the high grade rarities that a lot are looking for.

There are exceptions of course for super rare Countries which never show up in any grade for those trying to get an example from each Country.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or does it seem that there are far more high denomination FRNs ($500 and $1000) in these auctions than $5 through $100s combined.

Is interest in $500s and $1000s that strong or are we seeing more and more of this material flood the market?

Except for a few nice small size notes, imo the overall offering of small size seems pretty unspectacular.

Is this a response to a weaker market (consignors holding back) or a fundamental paucity of good material (notes being ensconced in long term collections)?
  • $500's and $1000's flooded the market... was a massive collection of them... not even sure it was a collection, rather an assembly of them that a bunch of people bought up... crushing the market on them
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Some nice silver certificates in this one...
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    The one note I was hoping would stay hidden (but knew wouldn't) was the Russia 25 rubles from 1840, which Heritage put in the online follow-up auction (!!!). This is a SUPER rare note. I follow Russian banknotes and auctions very closely and I've never seen this note come to auction except for maybe once about 15 years ago either in a Ponterio or Heritage auction (I can't remember). Heritage estimated this guy at $400-$600, started it at $240 and it is currently, after, what, 12 hours of bidding, at $7,500! Haha. image I wouldn't be surprised if it got between $15-20k.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • i would be upset if i were the consignor, unless it gets all the money that it should... sounds like it should have been in the floor auction
  • KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Max - the fact that the Russian note is in the post auction would indicate to me that the consignor did NOT know what it was worth. If they did, I think that they would have pushed HA to put it in the main auction and that HA would have did it. It would have been in their best interest to their return.

• I know, but HA didnt know either!

also to my point re: $500 and $1000 notes... if this can sell for what it did, I dont blame the auction houses for dumping all the hi denoms in their sales:

Atlanta $1000
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Catalog arrived today. Some pretty cool notes! Makes me wish I have the $$$ to put together some large size silver certificate sets.
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I might bid on one or two notes if I can get a good deal. But nothing interests me enough to overpay.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    So many cool nationals I like! Unfortunately, I've got a pretty small budget this time around. Sure wish I could be at the lot viewing to hold the SN# 1 Gold Bank Note in EF40 WOW what an incredible note!!!
  • goldengolden Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing for me.
  • Originally posted by: rbethea

The one note I was hoping would stay hidden (but knew wouldn't) was the Russia 25 rubles from 1840, which Heritage put in the online follow-up auction (!!!). This is a SUPER rare note. I follow Russian banknotes and auctions very closely and I've never seen this note come to auction except for maybe once about 15 years ago either in a Ponterio or Heritage auction (I can't remember). Heritage estimated this guy at $400-$600, started it at $240 and it is currently, after, what, 12 hours of bidding, at $7,500! Haha. image I wouldn't be surprised if it got between $15-20k.

Sold for: $23,500.00 (includes Buyer's Premium)

Russia Imperial 25 Rubles 1840 Pick A28

Auction link.

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014