Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Putting notes in plastic holders

Looking for advice from long time collectors. Is there and easy way to put my notes in holders? My current method sucks... basically I slide the note in as best as I can and then lightly tap the holder until the note goes completely in. I'm worried about wrinkles and the such.

Comments

• mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what type holder(s) you are using, but I have found a rather easy method with the rigid holders. It requires cutting a holder edges off, that way you have just the stiff part of the two side (front and back parts). Start the note into the holder and use one of the pieces to assist it into the holder the rest of the way. If there is concern of the piece scratching the note(s), just use a fine file, sand paper or emry board and smooth the edge. Pretty much the same can be done with the semi rigid holders as well. image
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The better ones I have seen dealers use are looser as indicated by mainejoe; as the last thing you want is to impair a note in any way.
  • I collect a number of ragged out notes (obsoletes), that are pretty tough to get into standard holders. If I am keeping them in an album that provides additional protection I will use the holders that have an upper edge that folds over the top. They aren't as rigid as the slide-in ones but you can put the note in almost flat and the top can flipped over without pushing the note.