Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

One Over-priced Mantle Lot

On eBay item # 291824633600 Sorry, I have a new computer and haven't figured out how to post a link but I am sure someone can. Thanks. To me this is about $25k worth of cards at most, not close the asking price BIN of $78k.

Comments

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    gYAAOSw7ehXSOhR">Text

Fixed it for ya. Puzzling that such a high profile company like Invest in Baseball would use such crappy pics if they truly wanted to sell this lot.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would never even think about that with such poor pics

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭
    Thanks PSASAP. I thought the same thing. I guess you assume the grades posted are left to right? Still with the SGC's thrown in this lot is probably closer to 20k. Very poor pictures and description.
  • Options
    not surprising. Bad pics and bad scans.
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ElvisP

Thanks PSASAP. I thought the same thing. I guess you assume the grades posted are left to right? Still with the SGC's thrown in this lot is probably closer to 20k. Very poor pictures and description.

+1

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like how the buy it now price matches The Mick's uniform number.
    Daniel
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful not to make any libelous accusations w/IIB.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Dont know much about the Mantle values, but I have noticed many cards offered by this seller that I do collect and are equally overpriced. Their right to sell for what they want, my right to pass it up
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Sean made this listing for advertising - "BUYING 1952 TOPPS MICKEY MANTLE CALL TODAY 623-203-8138"

Matt

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Littletweed
    I'm guessing Sean made this listing for advertising - "BUYING 1952 TOPPS MICKEY MANTLE CALL TODAY 623-203-8138"

Correct.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got some reviews back and half of the box was filled with flyers for ads and specials - one from Sean as well. As a customer I am not wild about it. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    US $77,777.77 Buy It Now

I like the number.
    Mike
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Littletweed

Isnt it against ebay tos to put phone numbers out there as they lead to off ebay deals?

Also saw an old thread on another forum with this guy threatening to sue people for forum posts. Sounds like a real class act. Is he on here?