Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Values of 1958 and 1971 Topps set...

Found someone offering these in an auction here and I am no vintage enthusiast so I was curious what you all would consider paying/bidding on these or the value...

They're both described as "high grade". 1958 "Ex to Near Mint" and 1971 "NM-NM-MT from a collector who focused on high grade sets".

Thanks guys!

Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can inspect those 71's and they are as clean as they look, that would be a set to bid fairly aggressively on.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a whole they're too off center to suit me, but they are nice looking cards.
    The 71 Rose and Seaver look really nice.
  • Options
    The auction has sets of 58, 68, 69, 70, 71 and 72. This is a live auction on Thursday and the current high bid on the 71 is $1,100 and the 58 is at $1,300. Still have some time to decide which, if any, I go after.
    Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish my 71 topps set looked as good as that set. I bet at least 1800 for the 71 set.
  • Options
    Anyone remember Reneta Galasso ? Her company sold sets, like the 71's in bulk back in the day. Unfortunately a lot of those cards were tossed in the fireplace by me and my brother to see which ones would burn fastest and which ones we could salvage after tossing in. The cards that were tossed in, but flipped to the corner of the fireplace got lucky. image
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin

As a whole they're too off center to suit me, but they are nice looking cards.

The 71 Rose and Seaver look really nice.

Does that Rose look short?