Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Old Threads

Why are old threads popping up on page one when there have been no new messages posted in the threads? I have seen a couple in the last 24 hours. "A chuckle about otwcards rant...." is the latest one. The last reply was in 2011.

James

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe someone is bumping them and then deleting the new post. Not sure why.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PaulMaul

Not sure why.

Hmm. It's gotta be a muscular dysfunction.
  • Options

This. Usually it's bunt.
  • Options
    Usually the only threads that are bumped for nefarious reasons are the wrestling card threads to promote a new Ebay auction where the latest PSA 9 of (insert wrestler X) happens to be climbing in value.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I find alts to be most annoying.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭
    If the people that complain about wrestling threads spent that time just skipping the threads, they'd be way ahead.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like to see all the old user names though. I've only been a poster since 2011 but I feel like a veteran after looking at the old posts and seeing how many guys bailed
    Daniel
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BaltimoreYankee
    I do like to see all the old user names though. I've only been a poster since 2011 but I feel like a veteran after looking at the old posts and seeing how many guys bailed

Same...did they all leave on their own or did the bam hammer come out lol
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Tlollarbe

Usually the only threads that are bumped for nefarious reasons are the wrestling card threads to promote a new Ebay auction where the latest PSA 9 of (insert wrestler X) happens to be climbing in value.

You sure know a lot about the happenings on CU for somebody who's been here 7 days and posted 5 times.
  • Options
    Oh snap!!
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    Something is happening on CU?
  • Options
    Other than 86 Fleer threads, Investment potential, and beads? Not really...
  • Options
    LMAO!!
  • Options
    bobmoatbobmoat Posts: 257 ✭✭
    bump
  • Options
    Whatever happened to MCadams and night crawler? Always liked reading those guys, and seemed like they vanished without a trace...
  • Options
    banned
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am friends with Trent on Facebook. We comment on each other's posts almost daily.

• Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

You sure know a lot about the happenings on CU for somebody who's been here 7 days and posted 5 times.

Yep, I'm a "long time lurker".

Been reading since 2004 or so.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100

I am friends with Trent on Facebook. We comment on each other's posts almost daily.

And yet he calls your wrasslin' posts "nefarious" and implies you have an ulterior motive.
  • Options
    Dave on Dave violence up in here
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

This. Usually it's bunt.

I'm not sure . . . Can you delete a post? I thought you could just edit it down to nothing but you should at least see a "blank post" with a timestamp.
  • Options
    Nope. There's a delete option now. Happens all the time.
  • Options

PSA 9 Brad R

Bump for an explosive result.

Haha

• Options
    Originally posted by: Dpeck100

PSA 9 Brad R

Bump for an explosive result.

Haha

When excessive snipes collide!
  • Options
    I was out to dinner last night with a fellow wrestling card collector and Haku and about spit my food out when I saw the result. It is a pop 5 and I own 2 and now the winner owns 3.

The scary part is this ups the anti on tough cards from the set.

• Options
    Why on earth would someone pay over $1000 for their third copy of the same card?
  • Options
    To spite the guy who has two.
  • Options
    Why on earth would someone pay over $1000 for their third copy of the same card?

Just a guess. The under bidder is in second place in the registry and the winner is in third. He disappeared for at least a year after being an incredibly aggressive buyer. He re emerged recently. Maybe he was playing keep away and is going to make a run at it again.

82B
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    For those of you nostalgic for old threads, some alums here have been duking it out over on 54 image
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder how many have noticed but the "DELETE" button has been removed.

That should pretty much end the "trolling" for old threads for no reason.

Mike
  • Options
    oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2017 12:09PM
    <
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Originally posted by: oklahomadanny

Originally posted by: Stone193

I wonder how many have noticed but the "DELETE" button has been removed.

That should pretty much end the "trolling" for old threads for no reason.

One of the guys on the Currency forum noticed it was gone on the 19th. I said it was probably because of some fool on the Sportscard forum was bumping 10 year old threads.

Thanx for the kind words Danny. It's always a pleasure when someone comes over to another neighbor's house and pisses on their front porch. image

And while you're on that high horse, it might be interesting to inform you that it was the US Coin forum that prompted CU to conjure up the strict rules which are prominently locked at the "head" of our forum category of threads.

If you check the date in the US Coin forum? You'll see you got them back in 1/3/2010 10:18 AM.

We didn't get ours till 2013 (9/16/2013 2:03 PM).

But, again, thanx for dropping by buddy.
    Mike
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2017 12:10PM
    >
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2017 12:10PM
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Not gonna get into a protracted argument with you Danny.

Why did you feel the compunction to have to come over to our forum and let us know something like that when to the best of my knowledge you've never shared any other thought?

If you felt I was harsh? I apologize.

I was really only trying to be ironic.
    Mike
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2017 12:11PM
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options

Mike, check out the Mike Witt Black Box thread. I scanned my '58 Aaron Y/L earlier this a.m. at DanBessette's urging, even if it did take over a month. image I don't have any of my BB cards scanned.

I collect AMC/MPC and WWII era notes a GI would've used and do have those on the currency forum.

As I said, I come over to the Sportscards side to see what's going on. I have my Aaron cards tucked away in an album somewhere. I am happy to have the common league leader cards, the Fence Buster card and other low cost cards as I couldn't afford the regular cards.

Glad to have you over here Danny. image

Mike
  • Options
    How about I drag this over from another thread I posted it to.

Dug it up. image Which is scarcer, the yellow or white letter version?.

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    The 58T is my favorite Aaron card.

I have it in a 7OC - got it cheap but the green color background just really pops.

2nd favorite Aaron? '57.

I believe the Yellow version's higher in value Danny.
    Mike
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Hank looks better in green than bluish

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al