Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

The d

I stopp

Comments

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!! You just never know!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Nice score. Congrats
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Excellent find.
  • uzuiwekuzuiwek Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, yeah...pics or it didn't happen. We'll all be waiting. image

Congrats!
    SPMC LM #405 - Collector of Ohio obsoletes. And other stuff, that I'm not going to tell you, so you don't buy it before I do.
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic! Congratulations LuckyBucks!!!
  • boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭

I look forward to seeing the pictures!
    Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the coin shops do not know currency. On the other hand the other day I stopped at a MA shop run by someone with lots of currency overpriced, and guess what, with his huge buy/sell spreads he doesn't do much business.
  • Congrats.... Right place at the right time.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why his ID is "luckybucks".
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! ??
    Timbuk3
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    My old B* sold before I had a chance to post it. I will be butting the proceeds of that note on the new B*, which should be in hand in September.

I can't wait to show it....I can't wait to add it to my collection.
    I had a better than expected week
  • SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing a picture. I think CU 1934 LGS star notes are very tough to find. Some districts are hard to find in circulated grades.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

Here it is:

[I
  • Looks great! Might be an AU though... I see a horizontal bend thru the district seal at left
  • logger7logger7 Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Fr 2004 B*. I hope it goes high unc., my filthy dirty mind tends to be pretty suspicious these days, looks too good?. Anyone have a guess how it would grade?
  • Best it could do based on just centering is a 63.
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking note.
    Originally posted by: Maxcrusha

Looks great! Might be an AU though... I see a horizontal bend thru the district seal at left

Thuld go.
    Originally posted by: luckybucks

Looks great! Might be an AU though... I see a horizontal bend thru the district seal at left

There is a small counting mark near the district seal, perhaps 9/16 of an inch, unnoticeable in hand.

Appears to have some handling above the seal where the "THE UNI"ted area. Hard to tell when not in hand though.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice star! I'm used to seeing these all grungy and tattered, congrats on a great note!!!
    Originally posted by: Jim61

Originally posted by: luckybucks

There is a small counting mark near the district seal, perhaps 9/16 of an inch, unnoticeable in hand.

Appears to have some handling above the seal where the "THE UNI"ted area. Hard to tell when not in hand though.

Other than the small counting mark at the left, there is no other issues with the note (besides sloppy centering) in person.

Lucky, thanks for confirmation. Glad it just a little handling. That is a super find. Congrats! image

Jim61

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Yummy! You know I loves me some light green seals! I have many in lower grades(because I love them) but when you see one in high grade they really jump out at you.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency