Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bryce Harper is Joe Charbaneau.

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    SURELY you have been drinking.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • No actually. Do you know his batting average this year ? The year is almost over. Are you still failing for the hype ? Like Joe C fans back in the day ? imageimage (One never knows of course, will admit)
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charboneau didn't even reach the majors till age 25 and hit a total of 29 home runs in his career. Harper won an MVP and has surpassed 100 career home runs by the age of 23.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    I read an article (not sure of the title) recently stating that Harper's bat speed is down. Only time will tell if this continues into 2017 and beyond.
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Yasiel Puig might be. Kerplop.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You are right, he is not having a good year. But I think he will be an All Star for many years to come!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    Harper, Trout, Correa, Bryant, etc. we are witness to some that will be all time greats barring injury. I'm sorry but if you think Harper is a dud you have no clue.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, Jose Altuve is putting together one of the greatest seasons for a second baseman in MLB history.
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: PSASAP
    Meanwhile, Jose Altuve is putting together one of the greatest seasons for a second baseman in MLB history.

+1
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altuve has been amazing this year. And at only 5'5"

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Originally posted by: RCAR

M

N
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Patience, grasshopper
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq
    SURELY you have been drinking.

Is there ever a time when he's not.... and don't call me Shirley image
    Originally posted by: craig44

Altuve has been amazing this year. And at only 5'5"

Would you be more impressed if he was lon......... er, taller?
  • For the sake of my Harper card collection he better make a roaring come back.

I will refuse to own a 2017 Topps series 1 Harper card. Not in to cards that make you focus in on man ass.

For the sake of my Harper card collection he better make a roaring come back.

I will refuse to own a 2017 Topps series 1 Harper card. Not in to cards that make you focus in on man ass.

Why does that make you so uncomfortable?
  • Not sure, but I think it's because the card is too similar to posters I have in my bathroom. Don't want to mix my card hobby with my other hobbies ya know ?
  • Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    You "have learned"
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
    M

Classic example of a troll. Just throw out a statement without any support. Welcome to the community. Thanks for the contribution.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did 2017 Topps Series 1 come out? And how did I miss it? Am I the only one living in 2016? Tell me more stories of the future please!
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid

Originally posted by: RCAR

M

Classic example of a troll. Just throw out a statement without any support. Welcome to the community. Thanks for the contribution.

Oh he's not new. He's been here many times before.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Can Harper open a beer bottle with his eye socket? No? Then he's no Joe Charboneau.
  • image. That M was supposed to be a longer statement. Messed up when posting it

Rexvos, the 2017 topps previews are out. I think you'll agree the Harper card is a bummer.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RCAR
    image. That M was supposed to be a longer statement. Messed up when posting it

Rexvos, the 2017 topps previews are out. I think you'll agree the Harper card is a bummer.

Post a pic
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Go to cardboard connection.com and search for 2017 Topps. Has lots of previews.
  • detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TNP777
    Can Harper open a beer bottle with his eye socket? No? Then he's no Joe Charboneau.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Maybe his stats this year reflect a fear of being strangled again.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
    I betcha he could stare down a Bud and make it sweat.
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Altuve is hitting .406 with the count of 0-2 this season.
  • AC000000AC000000 Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    Difficult to say if Harper is Charboneau yet, as Harper is 22 and is playing in his 5th season, and Charboneau was 25 in his first year.

But this year Bryce Harper has 13-2b, 20-hr 57-rbi - .233-ba .374-obp .438-slg .812-ops and is a 1.5 WAR player after 105 games
    Joe Charboneau had 7-2b 2-3b 23-hr 87-rbi 289-ba .358-opb .488-slg .846-ops and was a 2.5 WAR player in 131 games in his best year.

So Bryce has some baseball left to catch up to Joe's 1980 stats.

But if you're talking about comparing 2016 Bryce Harper to post-1980 Joe Charboneau, then you must be drinking - or something even stronger. There is no comparison. Joe was a negative WAR player after 1980. Harper has never been a negative WAR player, even in his "worst" year. Even in this "worst" year, his starts are almost even with Charboneau's best year.

Maybe I just don't understand what your meaning of "is" is.

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Well they got rid of Papelbon so he does not need to worry about being strangled again, but maybe that is why he still has a sore neck. Or maybe that is just due to his head being so large.
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
    Or from reading his monthly bank statement.