Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

ANA onsite grading results coming in!

My best score so far! Picked this note raw for $30 and paid for onsite grading.

PCGS notes will be posted later when I get them back.

Comments

• CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    ??
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • image +1, good score!!
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• well done!
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Epic score!!!
  • SlasherSlasher Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    I don't really like to be a downer when it comes to other people's notes but from my perspective that note looks a few points too high.
    To be the man, you've gotta beat the man!!!
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: Slasher

I don't really like to be a downer when it comes to other people's notes but from my perspective that note looks a few points too high.

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree that it's a few points too high. I would call it a 67. But grading is subjective and different people have different opinions. Obviously the PMG graders on this day felt it was a 68. I'm certainly not going to go back to them and ask them to downgrade it.

Honestly I see notes all the time posted on the forum that I question the grade on too but feel it's not polite and kind of pointless to say anything about it. But that's just me.
  • vonbraunvonbraun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Clear holder 68 , score !!
  • KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    In this series it is a 68EPQ or 67PPQ. Either way it is a great score and at $30 an incredible deal.
    By the way there are many 53' in 67 or 68 floating around. Great job Lary!

Originally posted by: KT5Silver

In this series it is a 68EPQ or 67PPQ. Either way it is a great score and at $30 an incredible deal.

By the way there are many 53' in 67 or 68 floating around. Great job Lary!

Thanks Kraig. I have found that the 53 plain and 53C are the tougher ones to find well centered.

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I think that's really a 53. The grade is higher, but the series is just a 53. image

Nice score, Larry!
  • gnatgnat Posts: 392 ✭✭✭
    Larry, nice note.
    Thanks guys. It's always nice to make a note like this for cheap instead of having to pay hundreds at auction.
  • oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

By the way there are many 53' in 67 or 68 floating around. Great job Larry!

I like how some members now the small nuances/differences between grading companies and use that knowledge when they submit for grading. larry510, you said you would call it was a 67, is that a PCGS or PMG grade? Did you believe PMG would give the best grade on this type of note or did you want a fast grading?

I've learned from this forum that the differences in grades 66 and up is very, very small. I mainly collect MPC & AMC, have 5 graded notes in 64-66 range. image
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
    Larry, you're correct. My note should have said, there are NOT many 67's or 68's floating around. And the absence of proper centering is exactly the reason for that. I Probably shouldn't be sending messages while I'm driving on the interstate.

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I Probably shouldn't be sending messages while I'm driving on the interstate.

• boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
    Originally posted by: oklahomadanny

By the way there are many 53' in 67 or 68 floating around. Great job Larry!

I like how some members now the small nuances/differences between grading companies and use that knowledge when they submit for grading. larry510, you said you would call it was a 67, is that a PCGS or PMG grade? Did you believe PMG would give the best grade on this type of note or did you want a fast grading?

I've learned from this forum that the differences in grades 66 and up is very, very small. I collect MPC & AMC so I don't see many high grad notes and I have 5 graded notes in 64-66 range. image

Yes it's all strategy sometimes. Learning the differences between the two companies and knowing when you might have a better chance at getting the grade you want with one or the other depending on the note and grade. In this case I submitted that note to PMG simply because I already had that note and block in a PCGS 67PPQ. So I wanted to have one in a PMG 67epq holder as well and I was very confident that I would get the grade, otherwise I wouldn't have paid the onsite fee. I was expecting and only needed/wanted a 67 but PMG gave it a 68. Hey I'll take it! :-) Also remember that the two companies have different ways of grading. One is more about margins and the other is more about registration (at least that's what I hear).

I also tend to not have patience to wait for the regular submissions and want the notes back quickly even if it means paying up.
    Back from PCGS today:

Larry - that is a great group of $5. Congratulations!

Larry - that is a great group of $5. Congratulations!

Thanks Kraig! If I recall you were the one that looked at the $2 53 plain at Memphis and encouraged me to submit to PCGS thinking it would get a 68. You were right! Good call. Also tookybandit was there at the PCGS table today when I opened the notes and shared the excitement with me after he landed some sweet grades too.
    Super nice notes Larry. Couldn't get away today, but plan on picking up a couple submissions from PCGS early tomorrow.
  • Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Larry, you know which one I like the most. Nice pickups from grading today. image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
    I was fortunate to see these in person when Larry opened them up and got the results! Big congrats on a superb group of notes!!!!
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Very nice notes !!
  • image very, very nice notes. image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice additions Larry, and fabulous grades.
    Picked up two notes from ANA onsite grading from PCGS.

Got to meet Tookybandit and his lovely better half too. Went to a very interesting talk by Peter Huntoon and chatted with a few people. Nice afternoon.

Edited to add:

Here is my Perfect 70PPQ I got back from grading:

That math works in my book!!! I enjoyed seeing these two notes, both are phenomenal!

Gnat it was great to meet you, I easily could have talked with you all day. image
    Sweet notes Randy. Always fun to do onsite grading. I decided not to go today after attending Tuesday thru Friday. Parking fees were adding up and I figured most dealers wouldn't be setting up on the last day.
    It was half full today at opening but many were packing up. I picked up some nice raw notes that I'll share once I can get them scanned.
  • SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one still waiting for notes submitted during last March' special offer? image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    Originally posted by: SYRACUSIAN

Am I the only one still waiting for notes submitted during last March' special offer? image

Monthly specials have no set turn around times (that is why the price is so inexpensive). I'd be surprised if any March specials have been graded yet.

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you. I just needed some reassurance, otherwise turnaround time is of no importance to me. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    Randy - awesome $5 Feds!