Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2002 Topps Heritage New Age Performer Recent Prices on eBay

Recently asking and selling prices for 2002 NAP cards have garnered much higher prices than normal on eBay auctions. I have heard they are a little tough to acquire, but is this some sort of anomaly or the new norm? I'd prefer the former as I still need a new of these to complete my master set.

Phil McNear

Looking for SSP variations/errors for 2009, 2010 and 2012 Topps Heritage Baseball

Comments

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    There are plenty of guys here willing to help you fill your sets...
    of course the 2001 & 2002 Heritage are a little harder to find, but I would put your list up so others can help you out.
    John
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I have the 2002 NAP set with my Heritage set for that year but put it together in 2002. I would guess like Miller that it is no more scarce than any other NAP set, but has just become harder to run down as result of the passage off time. He is also right about there being an avid group of Heritage collectors on here.

I have done the "master" sets since the beginning to date, but gave up going for all the "variations" after 2010 because of the increasing number and scarcity involved
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭
    I know what you mean. I've been concentrating on the 09, 11 and 12 sets only in that the variations aren't quite as insane, though the 12 set has some rather pricey variations. I finished the 2011 set for all intensive purposes; I haven't decided to go after all of the green, red and blue variations as I'd rather put that expense toward filling other sets.

What I do is get a master set and then concentrate on the SSP cards. I also collect the Wal-Mart and Target subsets, beginning in 2010. I stay away from autographs and relic cards. At the moment I don't collect the chrome sets, maybe one day. Hopefully I can get the box toppers as sets, but that will be a slow process as availability and cost do not always coincide with the family budget and I'm not planning to give them up to complete my sets. The minor league cards also hold no appeal to me.

Anyway, thank you for the response and I wished I had the resources to go after your collection list at the bottom, but that will probably never occur.
  • Options
    Tere1071Tere1071 Posts: 163 ✭✭
    Thank you, John. I'm going to provide my want list for the 01, 02 and 03 NAP cards I need to complete my sets:

01- #15 Maddux

02- #1 Gonzalez; #2 McGwire; #3 Bonds; #8 Jeter; #11 Giambi and #15 Guerrero

03- #1 Piazza and #8 Pujols

They have all appeared on eBay recently, but paying $8.00 for the Gonzalez, for example, is excessive. I don't collect slabbed cards, either, so that would cancel out the Jeter currently on auction. I can purchase, but I also have a lot of Heritage SP cards to trade, mostly non-stars. I also have a complete 07 Heritage set from 1 -495 with some of the YL and YT cards as extra; plus I have a base 2013 set that I have no use for. For anyone interested I can compile a list of cards I have for trade as I don't want to make a huge list of cards.

• Options
    Originally posted by: Tere1071

I know what you mean. I've been concentrating on the 09, 11 and 12 sets only in that the variations aren't quite as insane, though the 12 set has some rather pricey variations. I finished the 2011 set for all intensive purposes; I haven't decided to go after all of the green, red and blue variations as I'd rather put that expense toward filling other sets.

What I do is get a master set and then concentrate on the SSP cards. I also collect the Wal-Mart and Target subsets, beginning in 2010. I stay away from autographs and relic cards. At the moment I don't collect the chrome sets, maybe one day. Hopefully I can get the box toppers as sets, but that will be a slow process as availability and cost do not always coincide with the family budget and I'm not planning to give them up to complete my sets. The minor league cards also hold no appeal to me.

Anyway, thank you for the response and I wished I had the resources to go after your collection list at the bottom, but that will probably never occur.

The 2011 green, red, and blue tints are nearly impossible.