The New Doily Census - 2016

Comments

• Options
    hickoryridgehickoryridge Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

1922 Peace dollar 7306567
    GC 603353 7/22/18

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was notified that this one was cracked out and upgraded to a 65.

Another one bites the dust........ :'(

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn't ever on the census, so the impact isn't shown physically, but the universe just got a little smaller.

thefinn
  • Options

@hickoryridge said:
    1922 Peace dollar 7306567
    GC 603353 7/22/18

Thanks for the headsup. I saw it on GC and updated the ones for sale last week. I think there were two that weren't on the census.

thefinn
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the real shame is that it isn't just a Morgie or Merc . . . but a REAL Type piece that was a part of the overall Type Set that represents the Doily survivors . . .

Drunner

• Options

Updated the spreadsheet this AM on page 1 - thanks again to theFinn for the informative spreadsheet with many new CAC updates since last months posting!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this one up late last night off of ebay from liberty coin!

• Options

@Peace_dollar88 said:

Picked this one up late last night off of ebay from liberty coin!

Beautiful! Does the reverse look as nice? Is it available?

thefinn
  • Options

Reverse

• Options

This one is not mine but a friend of mines.

• Options

Thanks. I'll get these updated next week when I get back from medical leave.

thefinn
  • Options

@Peace_dollar88 said:

Reverse

If you ever want to sell it, I can furnish it a good home.

thefinn
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

You guys are killing me with these '16 Mercs! Where are you finding these things?

thefinn
  • Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

On ebay today

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

This appeared tonight on ebay. Tougher type coin.

• Options

My Saint is not listed, 1927 ms64 3129847

Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options

I will update the spreadsheet. Thanks for the update.

thefinn
  • Options

These 2 ended ended on ebay yesterday. Still kind of kicking myself for not bidding higher on the proof dime... oh well.

• Options

This one sold on ebay too. Gold cac

• Options

I actually saw these three and have already added them to the spreadsheet. Thanks for watching out. I will send the latest incarnation in for upload on Thursday.

thefinn
  • Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Oh my god @Peace_dollar88 I was the one who outbid you... my bid was $240

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options

@JasonGaming that sucker looks almost cameo... I should have bid $280 hahaha. nice snag!

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was an under-bidder as well - looks like 17 different bidders on that dime.

• Options

Latest update as of 11-1-18 courtesy of TheFinn posted today. It's the 2nd post on page 1. :+1:

• Options
    edited December 30, 2018 6:59PM

3 $20 Liberty heads sold on GC
    Not in census

• Options

Quite close in serial numbers . . , , , ,

Drunner

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that proof dime!

• Options
    edited December 21, 2018 9:38AM

Another nice type sold on ebay

• Options

I scooped another dime!
    Not on the census

• Options

@FadeToBlack said:
    If Morgans are so common in Doily's where are they?? I mean, without ridiculous premiums lol. I need a 65 for my OGH box.

Only ridiculous if you're buying. If they are bringing the premium at auction, then there is more than one person that thinks they aren't ridiculous.

thefinn
  • Options

@Sandman70gt said:
    I scooped another dime!
    Not on the census

I'll update it.

thefinn
  • Options

Still scratching my head on this one - was it a Everyman Registry play??

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a Doily sample slab posted by "Tater" on CoinTalk. I did not see it listed in my quick skim through the census chart?

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/doily-holder-over-rated-or-real-deal.330445/#post-3300594

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

Lordy:

Samples aren't listed since they have the same serial number. No way of knowing if they are repeats, etc. It might be noted in the verbiage below the spreadsheet.

• Options
    barberkeysbarberkeys Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

From CRO. Don't think it's in the census.

Vern
    l
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.
  • Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

1910 MS62 St. Gaudens 3129842
    Sold on eBay for 1573.

• Options
    howephowep Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

Doily i do not believe is on the census. Highest graded 1878-s MS 65. 7339506. Looks even better in hand. Sending to CAC , hoping for gold sticker. Holder in perfect condition. Must have been safely put away for 30 years

• Options

Here's the above coin - easier to see and add to census.......

• Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are the new Doilies I posted on a separate thread.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options

I will put these into the spreadsheet and get it to Lakesammman mid-week.

thefinn
  • Options

@howep said:
    Doily i do not believe is on the census. Highest graded 1878-s MS 65. 7339506. Looks even better in hand. Sending to CAC , hoping for gold sticker. Holder in perfect condition. Must have been safely put away for 30 years

Let us know the CAC status so it can be noted.

thefinn
  • Options
    howephowep Posts: 49 ✭✭✭

Will do!!

• Options
    hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

Just purchased this:

I don’t see it or one like it on the census but correct me if I’m wrong

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Options

I believe you are correct. I had the full 1935 set . . . but this is new . . . .

Drunner

• Options

Some recent ebay sales

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file