Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2016 National

Hey guys.

Had a great time this year. Only was there Wed/Thursday because my daughter had a softball travel tournament this weekend so I missed seeing a lot of people. I brought my oldest daughter, Maddie with me. She had a great time and hung out with CpaMike's son Zach. Maddie is 14 and Zach is 12 and was trying to get a romance going. My way of getting some of Mike's un-openend collection......LMAO. They ended up being more like brother and sister after about 4 hours. Now they both want to come to Chicago next year.

It great seeing Mike and Pam again along with meeting Doug Mollo and Daniel (baltimore yankee) for the first time. Also hung out with my southern brother's Dustin and Kirk. I also met Keith Conrad and George GPAAL for the first time. Both were great guys.

Picked up a bunch of T206's at the show. This puts me up to 282. Over 1/2 there.

Can't wait for next year.

Mark
Project:

T206 Set - 300/524

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Great pickups Mark. Do you keep those cards in their respective slabs or do you plan to cross them over all they're all either PSA or SGC?
  • Options
    Mark. As always it was great catching up with you and Madi, CPA Mike, Pam, Zachary along with Kirk, Eric, Logan, Tyler and Val.

Till next year.
  • Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Arsenal83
    Great pickups Mark. Do you keep those cards in their respective slabs or do you plan to cross them over all they're all either PSA or SGC?

Thanks. Most of my graded cards are in SGC holders. They look better in a SGC holder than a PSA holder plus you can buy them cheaper. I have maybe 20 in a PSA holder. I have about 100 in SGC holders. The rest are raw. I am going to keep all my HOF's graded not sure about the rest yet.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Forgot to mention Doug. Awesome cards Mark!
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive!
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Abstein Mark.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Mark

You met up with some really good guys.

And that's quite a haul! What did you think about the prices for the cards?

Happy to hear you had a great time - for me - meeting and speaking with people here is far more rewarding than the square footage.

Congratulations on your pickups and getting past the half way point.
    Mike
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stone193
    Hiya Mark

You met up with some really good guys.

And that's quite a haul! What did you think about the prices for the cards?

Happy to hear you had a great time - for me - meeting and speaking with people here is far more rewarding than the square footage.

Congratulations on your pickups and getting past the half way point.

Hey Mike,

I agree, hanging out with all the guys is what it's all about. I spent more time doing that than I did actually looking at cards.

I thought prices on HOF's were crazy for the most part. I was lucky with the T206's. I bought three from Steve Hart and the rest from another guy I know. I got all for a really good price I thought.

You going to Chicago next year?

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrific selection of cards, Mark! Thanks for posting the recap!

I am planning to get to Chicago next year!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark

Enjoyed meeting you and sharing some stories, and next time I am in your neck of the woods visiting my brother and his family in Summervile I will let you know - I am sure Sticky Fingers would be a good meeting place! If you ever get up to a Reds game let me know since we go several times a year since we are so close to Cincy. With the squad this year we should be able to get good seats - heck the way they are playing you and I might be in the bullpen!

KC
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Doublestriker

You forgot to mention someone else too Dustin!image

• Options
    KurtisJosephKurtisJoseph Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    This is simply a fantastic collection you have going here. . . !
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure am Mark and Cleveland's a good location too!

Hiya David - did you go to AC?
    Mike
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice pick-ups Mark! Sorry I missed seeing you (F-Sa for me this year)

Dave
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff!
  • Options
    It was great seeing Logan and his son at the PSA luncheon !!!
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    See ya in Chicago! Those are some great looking "2"s. Wow, they look great.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice meeting you too Mark! lol Very nice pickups and a great gesture giving one to Doug that he did not have.

Eric, I enjoyed meeting you and tagging along for a few.

See you guys in Chicago if not sooner!

Jason
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15

Terrific selection of cards, Mark! Thanks for posting the recap!

I am planning to get to Chicago next year!

Tim--just sent a PM to Doug about trying to get him there next year. I offered you or me to put him up for a few nights--you good with that?

• Options
    Originally posted by: mikelowell25
    Originally posted by: Doublestriker

You forgot to mention someone else too Dustin!image

Sorry David. My brain is in a fog after a long week. ??
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great bunch of cards there. Congrats

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Jason, it was great meeting you as well.

Keith, looking forward to seeing you when you get down my way. The Reds maybe paying us to go to the games before long.

Nathan, looking forward to seeing you as well. Good luck with the store.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Mark, congrats on those T206 pickups again. They look even better in person.

Zach had a blast ripped those football boxes with you and can't wait to see you and Maddie next year. Hopefully we'll be able to take in a Cubbie game.

One of the highlights of the National is catching up with you. It always goes so fast.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see you Mark.
    Sweet pickups!!!
    So what is the timeline for picking up the Wagner?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: cpamike
    Mark, congrats on those T206 pickups again. They look even better in person.

Zach had a blast ripped those football boxes with you and can't wait to see you and Maddie next year. Hopefully we'll be able to take in a Cubbie game.

One of the highlights of the National is catching up with you. It always goes so fast.

Same here brother.

So on Wed and Thursday night, me, Maddie, Mike, Zach, Pam and Dustin ended up ripping a bunch of 2016 FB boxes. We opened half one night and the other half on Thursday. Zach and Maddie was tearing through them. Pam was not far behind either. Mike better put an extra pad lock on the hoard because Pam and Zach have gotten the ripping bug. LOL. I even made Mike open packs and you could tell it killed him to do it even though it was FB. Next year we are going to have to force him to open a 70's BB pack.

Logan, I am afraid the Wagner will have to wait. I guess I will have to get a reprint.

Mark
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Mark, thanks for sharing your week at the Natty. Sorry I missed you. Once again you added some great looking cards. I can't believe how many cards you have now. You have done a great job of chipping away at the Monster.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball