Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1986 Fleer set

I have a complete 86 Fleer set with stickers and I would like to have PSA grade them but

I'm scared to death to send them cross country in the mail.

I know I'm a wienie but have you ever sent something worth possibly thousands cross country in the mail? I know insure them. For how much? $10k? $100k?

And how much does it cost to get PSA to grade the entire set?

Could really use some advice obviously.

Comments

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're close to Atlantic City, I'd consider going to the National Convention and giving it to them there. That way, it will get to California with their stuff, which if I remember correctly, is shipped via Brinks.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Steve
  • Thanks Steve, I'm in Michigan, otherwise that's a perfect solution.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, OK.

I'm like you; heck, I'm hesitant to send any cards through the mail to PSA, as I've seen what the USPS can do when one of their employees decides to play around image

I really don't have a good answer for you, but if you don't want to mail the cards to PSA, next year's National Convention is in Chicago (Rosemont), so that is an option (although a long wait). That's what I've done the past few years; I've saved up the cards I want to get graded, and then taken them with me to the National in 2013 and 2015, and had them all graded at the show. It has worked out well for me.

Good luck with it, whichever way you decide to go.

Steve
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt that way at first also, but you just have to take the plunge. I've had plenty of scares sending in submissions over the years, but nothing ever permanently lost or damaged. You could split the set into several subs to distribute the risk.
  • Steve, it appears that may be my only solution.

I just wondered if anyone had sent some extremely valuable items and their outcome.

• mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    Registered mail may be what you're looking for. It's expensive, but also very secure. Basically you wrap the entire box in that brown paper tape. I'd Google it for the details.

Also, although it's only (I think) 132 cards, I'd contact PSA to see if they'd give you a break for getting the whole set graded at once.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭
    I've sent in over a hundred submissions, many worth thousands of dollars. Not one problem ever. I just send them priority mail so they arrive in 2 days with tracking.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • 19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    You will need to split the set up into three invoices anyway. One invoice will need to be all the cards worth $100 and less. Second invoice with the two Jordans and the third with the 10 or so cards that are worth $100-$500. Grading the set will run you around $1500 in total

Good luck
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases