Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Box Break You've Likely Never Seen: 1995 Joan Basket Dominos NBA Basketball

Thought I'd share this box break with you all, as I assume most people haven't seen this product, let alone a box break of it. This is a Greek issue. Each box has 100 2-card packs. Each pack also has a paper insert w/ a player picture and greek writing, which is "greek to me". About one in 10 packs also has a sticker included. I can't think of a product that had more sheer awesomeness to open than this. The errors in some of the names, inconsistency of what team a player is on between different cards in the set is just hilarious. Here are some scans (sorry, initially posting links because I can't figure out the image upload):

Wrapper & Stickers

MJ Fronts

MJ Backs

O'Neal, Penny and Malone

[/URL]">Pat Ewing & Majick Johnshon (I said we'll cut off your Johnshon!)

Comments

• tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Never seen those. I would think the Jordan's would be high demand..
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Wicked cool!
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    awesome, where'd you get it?
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing. Do you know what year?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • kencopekencope Posts: 416 ✭✭
    Bought the box from someone from Greece. Have another one sitting on the shelf.

Would like to send them to PSA, but need to see if they will grade them, as the cards are not in their database.

Also, I keep trying to revise to post as images, or at least fix that last link, but I keep getting an error. If anyone can help post the images from my Photobucket that would be great.

These are 1995. Would have been nice if they included Garnett! Or, waited another year and had Kobe!
    I keep getting this error when trying to edit my original post. Does anyone know how to actually contact who I need to?

"The application encountered an error. Please contact your fusetalk administrator "
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: kencope
    Would like to send them to PSA, but need to see if they will grade them, as the cards are not in their database.

I'm aware of another collector who's tried submitting them and they've been rejected by PSA twice. You'll need to locate a checklist in one of the major guides (sometimes websites are allowed) to have a chance at getting them slabbed.

Are you certain on the year of issue?
    The set has rookie cards of Damon Stoudamire and Antonio McDyess, so pretty sure it's 1995. I'll check to see if there's a year indicated on the box.

I found an incomplete checklist online:

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewAllSet.cfm/sid/125551

Between that, and all of the cards I pulled from the box, I should be able to get pretty close. Collation was pretty great.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have decent odds at getting it slabbed if you submit updates to complete the checklist. Just include the link to the set in the comments section. Good to see you've confirmed 1995 as well, some of the past sales had listed 1993 as the year.
  • I recently picked this box up after searching for one for quite some time. OP, were you ever able to make any progress in getting PSA to grade your cards?

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Awesome. Thanks so much.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.