Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on BBCE Sealed Item Value

I have a question I would like some input on. I know BBCE sealed boxes from factory sealed cases bring quite a premium over other boxes. I have a 1984 Topps USFL set sealed by BBCE from a factory sealed case. Would this bring any kind of premium over an unsealed USFL set?

Appreciate today-

Bill

Comments

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    I would say so. At least if I were looking for one to buy I would pay a bit more. How much more? I don't know enough about state of UsFL set prices. Knowing the cards were never removed from the box should add value. Less chance of being damaged.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: sushihotwings

I would say so. At least if I were looking for one to buy I would pay a bit more. How much more? I don't know enough about state of UsFL set prices. Knowing the cards were never removed from the box should add value. Less chance of being damaged.

This confuses me. Unopened collectors keep telling me the value has little to do with the contents. So....
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a complete set so you already know what cards are in the box. It's not like a wax box where you have no idea if the key cards are in the box.

james
  • Options
    OK, thanks for the explanation. I'm not an unopened guy, but your point makes sense.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bcubs

I have a question I would like some input on. I know BBCE sealed boxes from factory sealed cases bring quite a premium over other boxes. I have a 1984 Topps USFL set sealed by BBCE from a factory sealed case. Would this bring any kind of premium over an unsealed USFL set?

Maybe a small percentage more than a regular sealed set, like no more than 5% unless these are known to have been opened, cards removed, and somehow resealed without being able to easily see it was resealed.

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Dan. USFL sets were packed very tightly in these compact little boxes. Knowing the cards were never removed increases the likelihood of the cards being high grade. I remember as a kid struggling to to take them in and out of the box. Corners are easily dinged and nail print indentations are possible.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Add this to difficulty of finding nicely centered examples of Steve Young, Reggie White, etc. and it becomes a prohibitive gamble, sight unseen.