Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

FRANKLIN HALF DOLLARS FBL BASIC SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1948-1963)

For the FRANKLIN HALF DOLLARS FBL BASIC SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1948-1963) registry set, it allows me to add MS64 coins that aren't MS64FL. Because it's an "FBL" set, shouldn't it only allow coins that have been graded with the FL designation in the grade?

But... In the FRANKLIN HALF DOLLARS FBL DATE SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1948-1963) registry set, it only allows me to add MS64FL coins and disallows MS64 coins.

This seems inconsistent. My belief is that if a Franklin set is defined as FBL, then FL must be included in the grade.

On a similar note, the MERCURY DIMES FB LATE DATE SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1934-1945) and MERCURY DIMES FB SHORT SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1940-1945) sets allow me to add MS coins that don't have the FB designation.

And, the JEFFERSON NICKELS FS DATE SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1938-PRESENT) and JEFFERSON NICKELS FS BASIC WAR SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1942-1945) sets allow MS coins that don't have the FS designation.

What am I not understanding in these registry set definitions?
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE FBL set's should allow both and the non-FBL sets allow both but do not give a bonus for the FBL (at least that is how the Jefferson FS and no FS sets work in regards to Full Steps)

Perhaps for the date set, getting all FBL is not a huge task (I do not know Franklins)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Thanks.

So apparently the FRANKLIN HALF DOLLARS FBL DATE SET, CIRCULATION STRIKES (1948-1963) registry set is incorrect as it won't let me add non-FBL coins.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options

I am collecting a Franklin Date set.
    I do not understand the different weights.
    Any answers?