Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards on Craigslist

Just saw this on my local Detroit Craigslist...I've spent too much already this month, but thought others might want to check this out. Looks to have a lot of early stuff. If anyone finds out the real story or buys anything, let us know how it turns out.

craigslist ad

Comments

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    What a great find!

I see only 1986-1993 cards in my local Craigslist.

Thanks for sharing!
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Some nice stuff here. I am hoping no fakes.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a add for a future SCP auction, there is a auto response if you message them;

Thank you for your interest in my dad's baseball card collection.

We are selling the collection in lots. Some lots contain one card and others contain many cards and/or sets.

We are working with SCP Auctions to sell everything. To view my dad's lots, go to www.SCPAuctions.com, click on the "Auction" button, then follow the menu options to the baseball section. My dad's lots are mixed in with other lots from other sellers.

Thanks again for your interest!
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I Get a bunch of those Craigslist adds in my area too; lots of sweet pictures of great vintage cards but it's for a small online auction house.

I check Craigslist a few times a month (have for a while now) and have only made one purchase. Imo, cl is almost a waste of time either buying or selling (for my location anyway).
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: addicted2ebay
    It's a add for a future SCP auction, there is a auto response if you message them;

Thank you for your interest in my dad's baseball card collection.

We are selling the collection in lots. Some lots contain one card and others contain many cards and/or sets.

We are working with SCP Auctions to sell everything. To view my dad's lots, go to www.SCPAuctions.com, click on the "Auction" button, then follow the menu options to the baseball section. My dad's lots are mixed in with other lots from other sellers.

Thanks again for your interest!

Thanks for the info, I live about an hour north of Detroit. Would have been interesting to see in person.
  • Options
    Since I work in advertising, I can't resist the compulsion to correct. An advertisement is abbreviated to "ad," not "add." The original word is not addvertisement. "Add" is a word, but not the right word when you're talking about ads.
  • Options
    I actually caught that on my post after I posted it but was too lazy to edit for spelling.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    Since I work in advertising, I can't resist the compulsion to correct. An advertisement is abbreviated to "ad," not "add." The original word is not addvertisement. "Add" is a word, but not the right word when you're talking about ads.

Thanks for that.....image

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    So, a new listing on Craigslist just popped up today. Seller has listed "warehouse full" of 1.5 million cards from 80's and 90's for $2,500 obo. I've never done anything on Craigslist before, but I'm thinking of taking a look, despite the year periods. I'm a bit paranoid about going to a warehouse, since it's not very public. Take someone with me? What do you guys do in these instances?
  • Options
    I'd ignore it and move on.

If you do end up making an appointment to take a look, I might scout out the building the day before. You could take a few buddies with you and have one or more go into the building with you while some stay in the car.
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

If you are going to be the correction police, you may as well include points off for the incorrect article as well.

It's "an" ad, not "a" ad.

Come on Dan, be better than that and finish the job.
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a bit leery of craigslist. Seems like a great way to get mugged.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Originally posted by: flcardtrader

If you are going to be the correction police, you may as well include points off for the incorrect article as well.

It's "an" ad, not "a" ad.

Come on Dan, be better than that and finish the job.

Haha, I wasn't trying to be grammar police, so I didn't edit the whole thing. It's just that in my day to day job I have clients type "add" instead of "ad" and it's something that drives me bonkers.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: craig44

I've always been a bit leery of craigslist. Seems like a great way to get mugged.

If even Craig is avoiding Craigslist, that's a bad sign.