Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Can you Say "Holy Hendu Batman!" ??

Never saw this many Henderson rookies in one place in my life. Looks like someone was holding and determined it's a good time to sell. Some are quite old based on the flips.

Rickey Henderson's Galore!

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why sell them all at once? Seems if they were spread out a bit, they may realize higher prices

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree John - that's a lot!

Reminds me of the song - "Oh Rickey, you're so fine,...."
    Mike
  • ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stone193

Agree John - that's a lot!

Reminds me of the song - "Oh Rickey, you're so fine,...."

Somewhere Mickey is crying.

• lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't some of those 8's not be 8's by today's grading? Some look weak for an 8.
  • brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Makes zero sense selling them all at once. I am sure if they are all from one source Probstein probably suggested spreading them out over a few months but the source must be hard up to sell ASAP.
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    It's just some Pokemongoloids trying to catch them all.
  • Looks like many came from the same sub.
  • KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like someone is trying to move them fast, and in looking at them most have centering that I would not consider desirable. Spreading them out would make more sense, but to each his own.
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love the $180 to $70 spread within the PSA 8 cards. I get eye appeal adds something but well more than double seems a pretty big difference. Also with the priciest realized I don't think the large lot hurt their profits much the top end was pretty high.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    They all come from a recent ebay sale of 115 PSA 8's, all older PSA cases. I would guess the best ones are being sent for review and not were on ebay.
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how anyone can be bearish on the card market when a card like a PSA 9 Henderson goes from $350 to $900 and there are 1,788 completed listings for the card in general. That is amazing. Can the card settle back to $500 or $600 perhaps. But it is still a major move higher on a card that is easy to locate and reflective in my view of real demand for cards.

• Originally posted by: kingbeeswax

They all come from a recent ebay sale of 115 PSA 8's, all older PSA cases. I would guess the best ones are being sent for review and not were on ebay.

115 PSA 8's ... Whoever bought this lot, paid almost $74 per card. He obviously lost money on the Problstein consigment. He better hope that he manges a few bumps.

The original seller also says that he owns 175 PSA 9's!
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heritage lot

When I clicked on the thread I assumed it was about this lot.

Another collector pointed this out to me this week.

• There are 1592 PSA 9's in existance. This card should not be a $1000 card. I would venture that it eventually comes back down to earth and settles in the $700-$800 range. Still more than the $400-$500 is was selling for in 2015.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Henderson psa 10 pop went up one more the last 2-3 days to 17. I'll agree with Wilkie, it should settle in the $700 range in PSA 9, maybe $600. That's coming from someone with more than one Henderson 9 and less than 7 but has no intention of selling any but has found a little humor in the Rickey Runup. As nonsensical as it may be.