Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Anyone use VCoins for selling, and if so, how do you like it?

SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
Considering using it for listing items world ancient us etc

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to be selling fairly good quantities over the long term, it's probably a good, if not excellent, venue for ancients- most of the better known dealers from the English-speaking market are there, and it's the exact inverse of what you'll see in other venues, since it's Ancients first, World second, and US third, instead of the opposite way 'round.

But I have no personal VCoins experience, beyond years of shopping there. Last I looked (and this was years ago), there was an annual dealer fee ($700-ish?)

Josh from CIVITAS is the best one here to answer this, I suspect.

No doubt VCoins gets a lot of eyeball traffic. Probably not as much as eBay, but there's less sleazy fliy-by-night selling on VCoins and a dealer code of ethics, so back when I was a novice collector of ancients eight or nine years ago, I did 95% of my shopping on VCoins and only 5% on eBay.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lordmarcovan

If you're going to be selling fairly good quantities over the long term, it's probably a good, if not excellent, venue for ancients- most of the better known dealers from the English-speaking market are there, and it's the exact inverse of what you'll see in other venues, since it's Ancients first, World second, and US third, instead of the opposite way 'round.

But ii have no personal VCoins experience, beyond years of shopping there. Last I looked (and this was years ago), there was an annual dealer fee ($700-ish?)

Josh from CIVITAS is the best one here to answer this, I suspect.

795.00 set up one time fee 69.00 a month, and then final value fees, much less than eBay on those.

Aha.

Too steep for my tiny little vestpocket dealings, but maybe worthwhile to those of you with bigger britches and more business.

Ask Josh.

(I also was adding a PS to my post above while you replied last.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I love the way you write, Rob. So full of imagery. I have missed reading your posts. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Originally posted by: LochNESS

I love the way you write, Rob. So full of imagery. I have missed reading your posts. image

Thanks, Nessie! image