Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

LAST CALL: National - CU Forum Community Dinner Get-Together Friday after the Show

I've already received a few PMs after I suggest having a CU dinner together after the show Friday in AC next week. So let's make this the official thread. Just reply to the thread if you want to attend. I'll try to get some details on a restaurant or two with a reasonably varied menu.

Will book a reservation for the group tomorrow evening, so you have a 24 hours left to figure out if you want to come.

Hoping lots of you will join in.

1. 70ToppsFanatic (Dave)
2. maddux69 (Jason)
3. bounce

Dave

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Isn't that the same night as the Net 54 dinner? Or is that even happening this year?
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I don't believe Net54 is having one this year. IIRC, Leon is not even attending the National.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Dboneesq
    I don't believe Net54 is having one this year. IIRC, Leon is not even attending the National.

Correct as always Doug.

Dave, unfortunately I already have dinner plans for Friday, but would be open either Wednesday or Thursday night if others are interested.

I will also be in my usually spot around the BBCE booth. Feel free to rip a pack in front of me to watch me squirm.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I hope you've started your hand excerises/hand yoga/hand pilates by now in preparation for a few days of good ol' fashioned bone crushing/pack collectoring handshakes starting a week from today (well yesterday!); looking forward to seeing you again and catching up! You too Geordie (are you even going?? Can't remember if you said you were. I don't think you are). Also look forward to seeing you again Dave since you weren't there last year and meeting you too Doug!

Tim, wish you were going. I look foward to your pm in five minutes quoting select lines from this post and providing your usual expert color commentary!image
  • Options
    We basketball collectors will be getting together for dinner on Friday night. Oooooooooooooooooh yeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh !!!
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    mikelowell25 bring the laptop...I want to see the museum.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am down! I am totally down! Mark me down!
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    i can't make the dinner but i am planning on being there friday for my first national since i was 15 in 1983 (chicago).

hope to meet some people that up until now were only icons on my screen.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna have to catch up with you guys next year in Chicago.

Please post lots of pics!
    Mike
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stone193
    I'm gonna have to catch up with you guys next year in Chicago.

Please post lots of pics!

I second that notion. Next year in Chi-Town will be my first ever Natty and will be saving up from this coming paycheck in the first week of August right until next years show. I want it to be a memorable experience, but in the meantime like Mike said, I hope there is lots of good threads about the show detailing everything with pictures and commentary. The last 4 years on the boards, I have visited the National through you guys. Hopefully, this year won't disappoint with the quality of good threads. I hope everyone has an awesome time!
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    bouncebounce Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭
    I'm in pending the time - I gotta get over to philly that night
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Is there a chocolate or hot dog eating contest this year?
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mrmint23

mikelowell25 bring the laptop...I want to see the museum.

Hi Kirk! Thanks for the kind words and yes, I will bring the tablet although I am thinking of charging admission this year!image

Dave, you might want to take me off the list for now as i'm not sure if I will be attending the dinner as we might leave on Friday afternoon; I only replied to the thread to say hi to those who had already posted. Sorry for the confusion.

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Ttt

Dave
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy like Chipotle'. He said if everyone goes, He'll buy!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stooge

Two posts saying you will buy so does that mean you will buy twice?!?!image

And are you going to buy everyone Pepto-Bismol after they eat the Chipotle to help wash it down?!?!image

Seriously, I would never go near any of their restaurants after the whole ecoli outbreak that occurred in many of their locations this past winter. There is one in my town that was closed for at least a couple months--rumor has it they were considering changing their name to Chit or Get Off the Pot-le.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mikelowell25
    Mike, I hope you've started your hand excerises/hand yoga/hand pilates by now in preparation for a few days of good ol' fashioned bone crushing/pack collectoring handshakes starting a week from today (well yesterday!); looking forward to seeing you again and catching up!

Like they always stay in preseason, I'm in the best shape of my life. image

Looking forward to catching up with you too.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    If its in AC you have to eat at Tonys Baltimore Grill

Google it. Worth a stop and you wont be rushed ....great food to
    Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Last call. So far just 3 of us?

Dave