Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pack Collectors- Any added value here?

I have never seen a pack like this. Any value above a 1985 topps pack?

Registry Sets:
T222's PSA 1 or better

Comments

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    Are these the packs with the albino hamster variations?
  • Options
    Weird/cool if it's legit.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few wrapper variations for 1985 Topps baseball including the white wrappered packs. There is a slight premium for them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened with Topps wrapper ink that year. IIRC, there is a similar grayish version of wrapper variation for football for the same year.
    Steve
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack looks like some sun faded packs I've seen in a local ice cream stands window.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    There are several wrapper variations for 1985 Topps baseball~the white wrapper you see here, the common wrapper with the 1985 on top right corner of pack and the Win All Star game trip promo and then the plain red wrapper with no 1985 or All Star promo ad on top.

This is plain red wrapper variation, also tougher to find:

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been in the sun too long!
    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mintonlypls

Actually, there are packs right out of the box that had white wrappers with no red ink.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

With no fading of the blue color at all?

I would yield to Tim's expertise in this particular situation.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin

With no fading of the blue color at all?

I would yield to Tim's expertise in this particular situation.

My original thought was that it was in the sun, but I agree that with no blue fading at all it has to be printed that way.
    Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better