Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

NEWPs from Ebay

ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
Picked up a couple of higher grade pieces from Israel and another scarcer Saudi piece. It's been a while since I found something for my Early Israel Statehood set - Israel Set

250 Pruta without pearl. PCGS MS-67 (top pop)

1967. 6 Day War 10 Lirot. PCGS MS-67

1977. Saudi Arabia 100 Halala. AH1397 date was struck as samples for the Saudi Arabia government by the British Royal Mint, but some escaped into circulation and hundreds are currently available in the numismatic market. PCGS MS-67 (top pop)

Comments

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins. I've been eyeing some Israeli pieces myself.

Mostly due to the influence of Mel Wacks.

I'm thinking about trying for a set of 5 lirot silver pieces, low montages, reasonable prices.

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Available some in original packaging which means you need to remove PVC. A nice assortment including the Seafaring

Seafaring 5 Lirot
  • DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Zohar
    Available some in original packaging which means you need to remove PVC. A nice assortment including the Seafaring

Seafaring 5 Lirot

I've seen some in 'original' packaging, which was a wooden slab type case, and some in a larger 2x2 flips ( the one I think you're mentioning. I didn't know they were pvc flips, so I appreciate the info.

But back to your post...are middle eastern coins gaining in popularity with collectors due to all of the news coverage?

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen demand for some in conditionally scarce grades yet from my observation, not as much. The British Mandate series has quite a following (British, Israeli/Jewish, and Arab countries).

Israeli coins are widely available and there seems to be a relatively low collector base, however aiming for the earlier Pruta series has proven to be somewhat of a challenge in higher grades - perhaps as few are marketed by dealers. Not sure. I just pick them up when they become available.
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like those pickups Zohar.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice bunch, Z!
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice coins! image
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pickups...they look to have all come from the gmarguli auctions. I was beginning to wonder when Greg's next auction was going to be, as he was on hiatus since April.

Congrats!

Brandon

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet newps indeed!

You don't take a break do you? image