Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Advice on 1983 Topps BB Cello w/stars - to wrap or not to wrap?

I've been sitting on a sweet 1983 Topps Baseball Cello Box that has 2, yes 2, packs with Gwynn on top. I've been debating on whether to have the box sealed with the packs or leave it as it.

What does the board think?
Mike

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would keep it as is, personally. That is a box that would be nice to look at instead of sealing it with plastic wrap. Also, the premium for the wrap after factoring in submission and shipping costs both ways would be negligible for a box like that one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Selling? Wrap it.

Keeping? leave it as is
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going to sell, I'd say wrap and have Steve notate the two Gwynns on front. If keeping for yourself, I would leave unwrapped.

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Tim is correct. Much better to leave an 83 box like that raw for the reasons Grote mentioned
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: flatfoot816

Tim is correct. Much better to leave an 83 box like that raw for the reasons Grote mentioned

Well said Melania err Mannyimage

• Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    I've seen several loaded cello boxes sell over the years with stars noted on top wrapped and unwrapped. It never seems like you get as much as you think because of the stars. If selling you might be better off selling both Gwynn packs individually then replacing those 2 with other packs. No matter what I don't like cellos or rack boxes wrapped cause I like to look at the packs but I surely do understand the authenticity piece to it as well.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    I'm not sure what the average age of most board members is, but can you believe these '83 cello packs are 33 freakin' years old now?? Are you kidding me?!?! Sorry, just had an OMG moment!

I like the grade-the-Gwynn-packs then replace with two other packs and wrap that bad boy.
    You know, in 17 years that will be a 50-YEAR-OLD box of packs. Again, OMG!!!! image