Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

$1000 ???!!???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1929-N...D3%26sd%3D262541496065

""Each bill will be shipped in it's own acid free protective sleeve to protect the bills from BODILY FLUIDS such as fingerprint oils. ""

Tough CA Nationals &
Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! That lot is a tad bit pricey.
  • I don't think they even realize the $5 is a completely different animal than the others.
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Best line in the ad:

Each bill will be shipped in it's own acid free protective sleeve to protect the bills from bodily fluids such as fingerprint oils.

Given the "such as" I wonder what other bodily fluids are likely to come into contact with the notes...

Originally posted by: DanCong

I don't think they even realize the $5 is a completely different animal than the others.

and which is the only national of the group.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • From the description, I think the seller has been drooling on them.
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Well,at least the seller is enthusiastic.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Once/if you find it, check out the price, and run back and buy mine. You will find that my set is more than just priced right, it is a great deal."

He dropped the price to $850.

I'll make the bold prediction that there are still no takers.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.