Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Thoughts on "Best Offer Accepted" BINS Sold?

I wish the best offer would be posted beneath the lined-out selling price as I depend upon the sold listings to get an idea of prices before I sell anything. I've suggested this to eBay a few days ago.

What do you think? Does it make any difference to the seller? Bruised ego if the best offer was half of his asking price? Why is this confidential?
Retired Air Force 1965-2000
Vietnam Vet 1968-1969

Comments

• Options
    use watchcount.com to see history of best offers. I think they hide it so people will pay more, equal higher ebay fees. A good strategy is to look at sellers sold items and see what percent they had previously taken on a listing.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Best offer realized price

Post lot number in keyword space and click on "show me" key.
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanCong
    use watchcount.com to see history of best offers. I think they hide it so people will pay more, equal higher ebay fees. A good strategy is to look at sellers sold items and see what percent they had previously taken on a listing.

That's a great site! Thanks Dan for the tip.

Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    Best offer realized price

I tried this a couple of times but got search pages with links for a lot of different things but not the best offer price. Not sure what happened. Thanks anyway!
    Bob
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭

https://forums.collectors.com/...word1=best+offer+price">Best offer realized price

I get 'Server not found' error message.
  • Options
    BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larry510

https://forums.collectors.com/...word1=best+offer+price">Best offer realized price

I get 'Server not found' error message.

Fixed link for forum discussion.

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there's a few ways to get the selling price from Watchcount.

I, too, would find it more useful if the actual selling price was displayed with the closed listing.

I believe that it might actually result in more sales and more total commissions earned for Ebay. It would give a potential buyer a more accurate idea of what price the seller might accept resulting in more successful offers.
    Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: sellitstore
    Yes, there's a few ways to get the selling price from Watchcount.

I, too, would find it more useful if the actual selling price was displayed with the closed listing.

I believe that it might actually result in more sales and more total commissions earned for Ebay. It would give a potential buyer a more accurate idea of what price the seller might accept resulting in more successful offers.

image Exactly my point.
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969