Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Collectors Club Question

I have a PCGS Collectors Club Question. I'll ask it here as it's probably trivial and I don't want to bother PCGS staff with it.

I enjoy participating in the PCGS Registry Sets as it helps me organize my collection and view it in different perspectives. My PCGS membership expires in October. If I don't renew my PCGS membership, can I continue to participate in the PCGS Registry Sets?

When I look at the PCGS page telling about the Collectors Club, it doesn't address participation in the PCGS Registry Sets anywhere. So by omission, I'm inclined to assume that the participation isn't contingent on a Collecors Club membership. But assumptions often can be wrong.

Thanks if anyone knows the answer.
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set registry is free and anyone can register
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep'ers
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Thank you. I expect this means I won't be renewing my Collectors Club membership in October. The submission benefit was the only benefit I was using and I know other people who can submit for me.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

@TigersFan2 I kind of dropped out of the collectors club, but I used to be submitting old and new us-mint coins. That was certainly an education in humility. But I now have a backlog of inventory, some of which might be worth grading.

How do you submit them through other people? Do you mean Dealers? Seems like PCGS favors dealers with volume submissions. I wish I knew one in the San Francisco Oakland area.

Any suggestions from the collectors?

Thanks

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:

I wish I knew one in the San Francisco Oakland area.

Any suggestions from the collectors?

Thanks

Northern California Coin Exchange
    510-839-9397Oakland, CA,

Oakland Coin & Jewelry Exchange
    510-832-7358Oakland, CA,

Sheridan Downey Numismatist
    510-479-1585Oakland, CA,
    you can search for PCGS dealers by area here https://www.pcgs.com/dealers/results

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

As stated above participation in the PCGS Registry is free and open to anyone.

The lowest price $69.00 membership does provide access to the Members Only Shows, a subscription to the bi-monthly Rare Coin Market Review magazine, free admission to the Long Beach EXPO and submission benefits. So..... depending on where you live and the shows you might attend the $69.00 membership might be right for you even if you don't plan on submitting anything in the near future. Later if you decide to submit some coins I think you can upgrade your membership and get some free submission vouchers.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Thanks @tommy44. I have to get to the long Beach expo one of these years. Its a full days drive to get there, but it can be scenic if you take tje 101 - or hwy 1 down the coast.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes indeed the Registry is free and fun.
    I go for platinum and I always use up the eight vouchers

I use the Registry as an easier way to keep track of my graded coins. Its nice that it looks up the values automatically. I've had the Platinum Club membership before and got a fairly good value.

• winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    Yes indeed the Registry is free and fun.
    I go for platinum and I always use up the eight vouchers

And that Nike Polo Shirt is real nice too. I wear it to the monthly meetings of my local coin club. Since I already have one, each year as I renew, I then donate the new one in the plastic bag to my local coin club to auction off. They appreciate the extra $, and a local club member goes home with a handsome brand new shirt.

Ok, someone on this forum will now point out that I’m not nice enough to give them the shirt off my back, lol.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just renewed last week and gave my shirt to my son yesterday for helping me grade a few things this past week to find any worth a second look for regrading. He finds the really small flaws, that I usually miss.

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

I still have to submit my 8 freebies for this year. As long as they get them prior to the expiration date (well, my renewal is in Feb), should be OK. I'd like to get some things in and back by Xmas. Gettin' tight on that.
    I'll probably renew (Platinum) for next year too. I'll have ~8, maybe more (under $2500, I think thats the cutoff). Between the ASEs, 1/4 oz and 1/10th oz AGEs, Peace/Morgans, etc ... .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file