Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PayPal Credit

I have someone who wants to buy an item from me and asked if I take PayPal credit. Has anyone had a negative experience from a sellers perspective? Does PayPal give you, the seller, the full amount of the selling price upfront and then they handle the monthly payments collecting the interest for Paypay internally? Do you notice anything different as a seller or do you get the full amount and the transaction is over as far as you are concerned. I presume you send the card immediately as as opposed to some type of a layaway program or am I wrong? Are there any consequences for you as the seller if the buyer misses a payment to PayPal or defaults on the payments? Curious if any of you had experience good, bad, or neutral.
On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.

Comments

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Paypal Credit is between the buyer and Paypal, should not be a difference to you. He can pay on his end by Paypal credit, which he can pay back in monthly payments (with interest) to paypal or he can have it all taken out at once from his bank account linked to Paypal. You get paid for the entire purchase price at once.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Paypal Credit is between the buyer and Paypal, should not be a difference to you. He can pay on his end by Paypal credit, which he can pay back in monthly payments (with interest) to paypal or he can have it all taken out at once from his bank account linked to Paypal. You get paid for the entire purchase price at once.
  • Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Stingray. That is what I thought but when he asked if it was ok it made me wonder if there was something else I should know about. Have a good one.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.