Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How is this not an 8 OC

This has to be the ugliest straight 8 I've seen.

James

Comments

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Surprised it didnt get the HE designation and they didn't say it has a slight centering shiftimage
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is when describing cards it is like describing a girl to your buddies in college. The hot ones need few words - " please take a look and this one is smoking - great body and gorgeous face" = PSA 8/9 centered with sharp corners. Whenever I see a description like " chipless edges and great focus" it tells me warning. That is like saying she is not attractive by saying she can play piano and is a great conversationalist!
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: KendallCat

Funny thing is when describing cards it is like describing a girl to your buddies in college. The hot ones need few words - " please take a look and this one is smoking - great body and gorgeous face" = PSA 8/9 centered with sharp corners. Whenever I see a description like " chipless edges and great focus" it tells me warning. That is like saying she is not attractive by saying she can play piano and is a great conversationalist!

Well said--also don't forget "looks good from far but is far from good!" And honorable mention goes to she's a "butterface" ie everything is good but her face and she has "summer teeth" ie some are there and some arentimage

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PSA standard for centering on the front is a minimum of 65/35. I think this card meets that.
    Daniel
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    "summer teeth" ie some are there and some arentimage

More appropriate for our circles - baseball teeth - three up, three down!

• Options
    Yet the Wagner PSA 5 which is going on the auction block in September was labaled as a MC. I just dont get it sometimes. Either way, this card will certainly not even get close to other 8's that have previously sold.