Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Forum Software/Functionality

Hi everyone,

Over the last few months, our IT team finally got access to the source code for the software and, therefore, the ability to directly fix many of the issues that we were experiencing.

As such, I just wanted to touch base and get some feedback.

In particular, I wanted to know if uploading images and the PMs being sent as emails issues still exist. If you are experiencing these issues, please PM me and I will have someone look further into this case.

The line break issue should be working now.

Thanks,
Jackie
Sports Forum Admin

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Comments

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    The time stamp throws me for a loop. Says my post was made at 4:11am, but it's 10:11pm cst.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ldferg

The time stamp throws me for a loop. Says my post was made at 4:11am, but it's 10:11pm cst.

The time is correct for me.

Have you checked the time zone here?...

link

• Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Below the drop down for time zone you can enter a number, positive or negative, to adjust that difference. You should type -6 to correct yours.
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    If PMs worked properly I would PM you to tell you that PMs don't work properly.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Arsenal83
    Below the drop down for time zone you can enter a number, positive or negative, to adjust that difference. You should type -6 to correct yours.

Duh....thank you. Skimmed thru time zone and skipped the whole offset field.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • arexarex Posts: 999
    I wish it was easier to post pictures.
    And pms are a nightmare
  • I'm still getting the PMs as emails.

My biggest issue is that I no longer get email alerts for threads I subscribed to before the "upgrade." But I'm also not able to unsubscribe or resubscribe to those threads.
  • oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Trying to quote or reference messages from the old software to the new software gets messed up.
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

There isn't anything that says time zone on my display, though I've suspected GMT is what it is trying to display. The reason I say "trying" is that the date/time is a single string that seems incomplete. An example is "7/24/20162:30 PM".

This is using Safari on an Ipad2. This problem has existed since day 1 of the new software. Apparently, I'm missing ither things too.

Kevin Thomas
  • sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    Why can't we upload images directly onto the site from our computer hard drive instead of using third part apps? That would be a huge help. Similar to attaching an image to an email.
    On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: kwtoz

There isn't anything that says time zone on my display, though I've suspected GMT is what it is trying to display. The reason I say "trying" is that the date/time is a single string that seems incomplete. An example is "7/24/20162:30 PM".

This is using Safari on an Ipad2. This problem has existed since day 1 of the new software. Apparently, I'm missing ither things too.

A correction. I did find "Time Zone" stuff under my profile, and it had beeb set except for offset. I set it to -6. That seems to be a silly step after having entered the time zone already. Date/time is still one long string on the page with Topics/Replies/Originator/Last Post.
    Kevin Thomas
  • dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    The site doesn't display well on my Android phone. I cannot post or respond using my phone.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"