Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Block buyer

Small size note buyer rd555 . Item shipped through ebay shipping , item updated as delivered but buyer says it was not delivered with a explanation ,that a street near by has a different name end ie: terrace instead of road like his . This is not his first rodeo and seems to be leveraging the dreaded negative if not refunded . It's a small $30 purchase and way easier and safer to just refund . And you as know and as he seems to know , how helpful ebay is with seller related problems .You know the drill .

Comments

• larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    I agree with you that $30 is not worth getting a negative over. There will always be scammers on ebay. It goes with the territory.
  • oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Is ebay so biassed that they would allow a negative FB for an item shown as "delivered"?
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I would refund it and then file a complaint. If the buyer repeats with others it may catch up with him. Who knows, maybe eBay already has a file going on him..
  • tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry to disagree with all...I would not refund. Bay goes by whether the package was delivered, which it was. Tell buyer to go to the house on other street and ring the bell. If negative is left, eBay will side with you on this one.
  • OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    No way would I refund. I believe Ebay would side with the seller as well.
  • JIMfromDCJIMfromDC Posts: 57 ✭✭
    No way I would refund it! Its a negative, not the end of the world.

You did your part, the item is stated delivered. End of story for you. You can't help it if the post office didn't deliver it to the right place.

I actually think eBay would side with you on this one.
    Tickle Your Fancy Currency

Collector of DC Nationals (want list in yellow)
  • synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    Be polite and Professional in all your Ebay messaging, Ebay will be looking at that. Politely Thank him for the message and ask him to persue it through the ebay system so that you get credit for the Ebay seller fees
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: tomtomtomtom

sorry to disagree with all...I would not refund. Bay goes by whether the package was delivered, which it was. Tell buyer to go to the house on other street and ring the bell. If negative is left, eBay will side with you on this one.

THIS
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    I do not suffer fools and would not brook an attempt at fraud. If your package shows delivered to the PayPal address given, you've fulfilled your duty as a seller. Do not encourage this behavior by rewarding it.
  • No refund... one negative is not the end of the world if he even goes through with it. 1 negative out of a 100, I as a buyer could care less. Especially in this case when they leave a negative you can post a comment on it. Delivered to address provided by Paypal per USPS tracking. More than likely, you could get the negative removed because of the proof of delivery.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I looked at his feedback and it appears to be really solid, both in feedback received and left for others. Plenty of transactions. Is it possible that he's telling the truth?
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Yeah he could be telling the truth. I knew another identical situation that happened with a seller I know and turned out it was legit. The P.O. does screw up with delivery. But now I am starting to agree with the others. Maybe not refund and/or at least try to get your seller fee back from ebay.
  • Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice this week alone I received mail that wasn't mine.

The first time it belonged to my next door neighbor , and yesterday the mail belonged to a neighbor two blocks east. It could happen.
  • vonbraunvonbraun Posts: 26 ✭✭
    First I learned a long time ago not to engage with people with messages , just be direct and state facts with no personal jabs . People think you are the "rich" guy beating them up for being a poor slub , or behind the keyboard they are bigger than Brock Lesner . Second if you fight the request Ebay does nothing for you and will end up taking it anyway . I had a smuck a few years ago buy 20 items and than claim 2 or 3 did not arrive with the rest , I went to Ebay saying I am a upstanding seller 100% bla bla bla . They said ummm well did you take a picture of the items shipped ? I lost my mind , they were going to find anything they could to make the "buyer" be right .And when I found that the items he didn't get were for sale on his page , they did nothing about it again . Last I personally think that one negative breeds , cause if I make an honest mistake the buyer will see that it's not a pattern and not give me a hard time . AND I will have to look at how this transaction is going to stick with me for a year . Not worth it because I know I give 100% to what I am doing . This person after seeing the delivery confirmation , tried to insinuate that I was pulling a fast one . I think I will "report buyer" in case there is a pattern , to save others heartache .
    My mail has been screwed up many times , especially in the summer with fill in's on the route . That's why I have to have a P.O. Box . I'm not saying it not true but , don't make it like I am pulling a fast one when it's totally out of my control and than demand a refund .
  • underbidderunderbidder Posts: 25 ✭✭✭
    That is what eBay buyer and seller protection is for. He doesn't complain to you, he is covered by eBay. Explain that to him.

I've done business with him on multiple occasions and have had no problems.

Jeff
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
    When your covered by Ebay it means as a buyer the seller is on the hook . Seller protection for the seller kicks in when there is a fraudulent purchases , which they have done their job in the past .
  • underbidderunderbidder Posts: 25 ✭✭✭
    There is seller protection as well. Regardless, this is not your fault. It is listed as delivered. The onus is on the post office. If he negs you then you can get eBay to remove the neg easily. If he has mentioned giving you a neg in a message that is a violation right there. Sometimes the post office says stuff is delivered, and then it takes a few days to show up. Or they leave a package next to someone's front door and they don't notice it.

Tell him to go through the eBay system. If a buyer is to get a refund, they have to send the product back. That is how eBay's refund policy works.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
    "Someone I don't know knocked on the door today and gave me the package". I will return it , this is after telling me "I already replaced the note that didn't get delivered , and THAT one arrived with no problem "