Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Unusual toning?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this a case for conservation? (AKA someone has too much time on her hands and teenagers)

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Is this something to do with that cellphone app that the media has been all abuzz about?

(I wouldn't know, as I have an ancient iPhone.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep image. The game is a bit ridiculous but I have a teenager who is inviting his parents out for (looonnng) walks that involve pleasant conversations. On a slightly more professional side I'm hearing stories of actual weight loss in patients...way more walking combined with not sitting next to the refrigerator has its pluses. I may have lost a pound too.

Oh well, these things seem funnier at night when I have a cold adult beverage in my hand.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that medal! image
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! More info on the medal, I may have to chase one of those down.

Gotta catch em all!
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pikachu has good taste.

The artist is Hugues Bovy (1841-1903), a Swiss sculptor and F. Beauverd. The event was the 1896 National Shooting Exposition in Geneva. Mintage in silver is 966 (?). It's not a collection path I ended up following, but this one somehow jumped into my hands when I saw it at a show.

Atlas Numismatics has a bunch of shooting medals for sale that shows the huge variety and overall coolness of them Here is one that sold: 1896 Geneva. It's the bronze version of the silver one Pikachu likes so much. And here is a link that shows the gamut of styles: Atlas' Swiss shooting medals. I think a few other coins made their way into the search results, but it's pretty close.