Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

What do I not understand

What am I not understanding about this auction? 5 $100 bills for $588.99. And they're not even uncirculated or unique in any way. And it says "120 sold." I can go to any local bank or credit union and get 5 $100 bills for $500. Or is this a form of money laundering? Turning money from a paypal account into cash for a $88.99 fee?

Ebay Auction
I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure does look like the margin is super slim. But, if you just want a single $100 bill you don't have to go the bank, just order from him for $120 each......save the gas man.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    TigersFan2TigersFan2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭
    Gas isn't that expensive.
  • Options
    lettowlettow Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Monetizing Ebay Bucks. Probably started the listing on July 1.
  • Options
    TCCUGATCCUGA Posts: 70 ✭✭
    My guess? Soliciting business from identity thieves/stolen credit cards. Tons of them floating out there.

Seller makes 88.99 minus fees for doing nothing, buyer gets $500 cash by using paypal and a stolen credit card number. Maybe purchases multiple lots, to max it out.

By the time the cc victim discovers it, the thief is long gone with the cash.
    Buying Athens, GA nationals and obsoletes, for my personal collection
    Buying most large and small type notes and some nationals for inventory
  • Options
    Originally posted by: TCCUGA
    My guess? Soliciting business from identity thieves/stolen credit cards. Tons of them floating out there.

Seller makes 88.99 minus fees for doing nothing, buyer gets $500 cash by using paypal and a stolen credit card number. Maybe purchases multiple lots, to max it out.

By the time the cc victim discovers it, the thief is long gone with the cash.

That is the most logical answer.

After fees, the seller is only making around $30. Not really worth the effort as there's considerable risk to the seller if a dishonest buyer claims there were only 4 bills or even no bills in the shipped envelope.

• Options
    earlier this year I sold 3 $100's on ebay and yup, payed for with a stolen credit card

or so I was told by paypal
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Maxcrusha
    earlier this year I sold 3 $100's on ebay and yup, payed for with a stolen credit card

or so I was told by paypal

Were you out the money? Or did PayPal or Ebay eat the loss?
  • Options
    if you can believe it i was able to keep the money since i had shipped the notes