Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Help With A Canadian Obsolete,Please

I'm trying to get a value on this note.I have not the reference books for these and can find no info on it.It is being offered to me at a price that may be quite a deal????-I could use a bit of help,please.Thanks in advance!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful note!! Check with goodpaper he's got a new book that may have that in it.
  • BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Looks to be the 2 signature variety and issued. If it is a "filled-in" remainder then catalog values would be about half of these:

VG=150C

F=225C

VF=300

XF=500C

Note that these are Canadian dollars. Also Canadian grading standards are much more stringent than US.

Your scan is really not good enough to tell the grade but it looks like a F at best. A back scan at higher resolution would really help.

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    THANKS Berny! The pics I received are awful and small but the claim is the note is a fine so you're right on it.
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Berny, I've never collected or studied obsoletes. Can you explain what a remainder, or a "filled-in" remainder is? How can you tell if you have a note in hand?
  • MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    A remainder is a printed bank note that was never signed or issued.

A filled-in remainder is a remainder (see above) that was signed and dated at a later time - by someone looking to fake an issued note, or just someone diddling on their own collectible to make it look cooler.

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Appreciate the info!