Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Crusade is Complete! #mailday PLUS My (almost) Entire Want List in Pics!

At long last, my Crusade is complete! My 1998 Donruss Crusade rainbow, that is! Ever since I started seriously collecting Canseco, The 98 Crusade Red was at the top of my wish list - perhaps it was even my first recognized white whale. I kept thinking to myself ... they are numbered to 25, so how hard can it be to get one? (Insert painful belly laugh here.)

Looking back on my blogs, the start of my new Canseco collection started 2 about 2 1/2 years ago, so that is about the amount of time it took me to finally land the red. SOOOOO ... here they are together!

I've been dreaming about this day. This card is a huge key to my collection, and it didn't need an autograph or patch, either! If you recall though, I did make a "Tanner Crusade Plus" and had Jose sign in red a while back that I think hangs with these in terms of beauty - it too has a refractor finish that you may not be able to see from the scan:

Hey @1st4040 - it turns out this is your old card! That makes it all the better for me to know that it was in your collection, because I know how much you treasured it. I know I pestered you to no end when buying chunks of your collection a few years back - thank you again for selling image

In light of my new pickup, I decided to show my most wanted cards visually, instead of just text. My first thought was to put the top 10 cards, but knew I would be MUCH happier with ALL of it. I didn't put in many 2016's or 1/1's because if they are not shown and rare, I'm asking folks to contact me about them.

My family has been gone this week, so I had time to do it - and believe me - it took me almost every bit of time working on this into the wee hours of the night! A BIG thank you to fellow supercollector Jamie, I was able to use many of his pics in exchange for him to use mine he may need. This helped TREMENDOUSLY because otherwise I would have had to google for images and photoshop a lot more than I already had to (and that, my friends, was a LOT.)

So anyway, here it is. My MOST WANTED list of a mere 316 cards up to 2015, not counting 1/1's or perhaps some unknown proofs/prototypes/etc. It is my hope that this will make things TONS easier (and interesting) to folks who may have Canseco cards I need to just glance over the pics and see. I know many times, I don't even look over my own list because my eyes glaze over when they are met with a wall of text.

I expect this to help a lot. If you want to setup something similar, you can follow my "how to" page I setup for you at http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/put-collection-online-make-searchable - good luck!

MY MOST WANTED CARDS ....

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 1991 base Donruss you seek does not exist. There are only 3 variations that year, one border with Inc/Inc. and the other border with only Inc. (no Inc)
  • mouschimouschi Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

The 1991 base Donruss you seek does not exist. There are only 3 variations that year, one border with Inc/Inc. and the other border with only Inc. (no Inc)

And just like that, this list is already paying off ... thanks! That is the green border, I assume you are talking about. What about the blue border version? Do you know if that exists?
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mouschi
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector

And just like that, this list is already paying off ... thanks! That is the green border, I assume you are talking about. What about the blue border version? Do you know if that exists?

I'm certain it's true for all the player base cards and DKs (only 3 versions of each in my Larkin collection) and would assume it's the case for the All Star cards as well, but haven't had enough quantity or reason to check :w
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 11,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the red crusade what I wouldn't do for a red crusade frank thomas.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Tanner

Congratulations on your "Red" Conseco!

That's an impressive list too.

My wife is visiting her cousin this week - but I spent my time doing yard work - my new hobby since I retired.

There's so many there - is there a whale of whales? If you mentioned before? I apologize for missing it.
    Mike
    Thanks guys! @Stone193 - have you gotten into starting a garden or anything? I only have a mild interest in it ... so long as my wife does the work image In all seriousness, I think having a garden would be awesome.

If I had to pick one that was "the" card to have, I'd have to say .... 4 of them (lol!)

2015 Museum Momentous Materials Laundry Tag

2016 Tier One Bat Barrel / Autograph

1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold

1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold

I would totally geek out if I could land those! I'd also say the 2016 finest superfractor and 2016 tribute superfractor autos would be awesome too, because he hasn't had any other supers yet ... aside from the several that I have made image
  • jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    Whoa! I have NEVER seen such an extensive collection of one player in my life!! Congrats on that!! Thank you for sharing!

John
    Originally posted by: jmlabonner

Whoa! I have NEVER seen such an extensive collection of one player in my life!! Congrats on that!! Thank you for sharing!

John

Thanks for responding! image
  • SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I'd say that based upon your avatar, you need to start another player collection: Oakland's Daniel Mengden

Nick
    Originally posted by: SOM

I'd say that based upon your avatar, you need to start another player collection: Oakland's Daniel Mengden

Nick

Great idea, Nick! Jose is the only guy for me to collect though image Here is the birth of my 'stache: http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2015/05/a-shaving-mistake-before-wedding.html

Here is a dual auto of me w/Rollie Fingers image

http://tanmanbaseballfan.com/2015/07/forget-moustache-card-how-about-finger.html

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stone193 - have you gotten into starting a garden or anything?

Not really Tanner.

Right now my summer project in the back is to replace mulch that won't stay in place for about 5 yards of river rock.

I've done 2 yds so far and it was pure work!

When I think of this - I like the idea of working on my collection a lot more!

Thanx for asking.

On those "whales" - what are we talking about? Price? I have no idea on this kind of stuff.
    Mike
    Originally posted by: Stone193

@Stone193 - have you gotten into starting a garden or anything?

Not really Tanner.

Right now my summer project in the back is to replace mulch that won't stay in place for about 5 yards of river rock.

I've done 2 yds so far and it was pure work!

When I think of this - I like the idea of working on my collection a lot more!

Thanx for asking.

On those "whales" - what are we talking about? Price? I have no idea on this kind of stuff.

Years ago, we went through something fairly traumatic (a little too deep to be talking about on this forum for my tastes!) but I found gardening to be ... not necessarily a stress reliever, but something to keep my mind preoccupied. As a result, I ended up getting several palm trees, and started going nuts over ... palm trees for some reason. Looking back, it was funny at how I just clocked out for a bit and focused on palm trees. Man alive ... I sure said "palm trees" a lot right there!

As for pricing of my white whales, we are looking at over $2,000 for the 4 if/when they pop up. I just hope I'm the one that gets them!
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Tanner, see that Topps did an article on your Conseco collection. Congrats!!

Thanks Stingray!