Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

WTB Off-Metal and Trial strikes of 2 1/2 and 5 Europinos

Interested in off-metal and trial strikes of the 1952 2 1/2 and 5 Europinos. Also would appreciate any information provided on the origin of these pieces.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so in the Krause "Unusual" catalog, then, I take it? I had never heard of "Europinos"- had to Google it.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I owned was a 5 Europinos dated 1952 and had General Eisenhower on it.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    cwtcwt Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    These were struck at the Hamburg Mint. I did check with the mint, but was told that they had no records from that period. It is the 2 1/2 Europinos that has General Eisenhower on the obverse. There were just over 10,000 of these struck and they are almost always available on ebay at fairly reasonable prices. The 5 Europinos with only 300 struck is a bit more costly.
  • Options

Still looking for these.

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the people I know from Instagram listed one on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/294500343887?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

• Options

Thanks. It appears to be one of the regular silver issues. The ones I am looking for were struck in other metals (brass, copper, aluminum, lead, gold -- and even wood) or were struck uniface or as piedforts.