Home Precious Metals
Options

What are dealers paying for silver coins at shops now

Could anyone tell me what dealers are paying in coin stores, in general, at this time for circulated generic silver coins ( e.g. walking libs, Franklin halves, Washington quarters, Morgan and peace, etc. ) per face value?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    With Spot around $20/oz, If you get offered $13.50 x face for non-slick 90% from a dealer (key word, dealer), take it. For Halves you might get a quarter more x face.

That's current local pricing 'round here just outside of Chicago.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭
    my dealer looks at online buy prices and makes his a little worse...he says, want payment now? or in a week or two if the post office doesnt mess up.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dealers in my area advertise that they pay "Top Dollar". So I match them.
  • Options
    2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭
    my local dealer would offer you spot, even if you walked in with a uncirculated roll of 1933 DE
    WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: coinspacks
    my dealer looks at online buy prices and makes his a little worse...he says, want payment now? or in a week or two if the post office doesnt mess up.

A dealer who doesn't pay cash up front for bullion? It sounds like you need to find another dealer.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 291fifth

Originally posted by: coinspacks

A dealer who doesn't pay cash up front for bullion? It sounds like you need to find another dealer.

I think he's saying you could sell it online and wait for a check, etc.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricardouno

Could anyone tell me what dealers are paying in coin stores, in general, at this time for circulated generic silver coins ( e.g. walking libs, Franklin halves, Washington quarters, Morgan and peace, etc. ) per face value?

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like as little as possible.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    average circulated includes culls, right ?