Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

No Serial Numbers Error Note - 1963A $1 FRN

How can this happen? Has clear and strong green seal but no serial numbers??? Rare?

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website

Comments

• Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Not for me to presume. But what I see appears that the S/N's were taken off, either chemically or some means that leaves the paper slightly roughed up. I may be wrong, but that's what I see from the pics here.
  • Options
    Per what Joe said above, it does appear that way... you may want to get some in-person opinions
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Although this could be a legit error, I agree, the only way to tell is in hand examination.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭
    Serial number and seal are applied at the same time. Close examination is required for this note.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will bring this note to the Baltimore show later this month to have the experts take a look. Upon very close examination, I can see very light evidence of one or two numbers but the paper is not roughed up or damaged in any way. Can't see how paper would look this good if the numbers had been removed.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    per the pic, you can see darker areas where the serial # was supposed to be... maybe its just the light?

but as mentioned above, the seal and #'s are printed at the same time... so its tough to imagine how this could have happened
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Check the areas where the serials would be for disturbed paper, or chemical smells.

An error expert is a good idea for verification.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that 1/3 of a 3rd printing ?? Would that be a ninth printing??

Whatever it is super COOL....can't wait to hear if it is legit.

Fun to watch you guys on this forum..

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Impressive, either the error or the effort to make it