Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Buyer to avoid - eBay soapbox33

I sold an item on eBay recently, and then by accident listed it again thinking I had updated with a different serial number. To the second buyer, I sent full refund and apologized - here is the response I received (along with negative feedback):

"W T F YOU SORRY S O B THATS *****, I WILL NEVER BID ON ONE OF YOUR ITEMS AGAIN,, CANCELLING JUST BECAUSE U THINK IT WENT TO CHEAP"

Seller beware. Dave

Comments

• Options
    I WILL NEVER BID ON ONE OF YOUR ITEMS AGAIN
    That is the best news you have had all day!

Montani Semper Liberi (Mountaineers are always free)
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Ugh, someone had a bad day (or doesn't understand that people sometimes make mistakes).
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Terrible ebayer. I'm sure most of us know that sometimes mistakes like that can easily be made on the bay. You sell a note off ebay and then forget to end the listing immediately. Or even placing the wrong pics on an item. It happens. When it does we try our best to remedy the situation and hope we have an understanding buyer that doesn't go ballistic. But what do you when you get someone like that?
  • Options
    mainejoemainejoe Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    Last time I had one of "those" buyers I fixed him this way. First off, yes, full refund, still complained. So I chose to send him a comparable note as a courtesy, at NO cost. Still nasty and negative feedback left. So I presented it to Ebay CS, and requested his negative be removed, and they did it right off. In the end it only cost me less than $10, and the negative was gone. Worth it to me!
  • Options
    You certainly won't miss that buyer. That's a problem just waiting for something to set him off.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    BigmoneyBigmoney Posts: 39 ✭✭
    blocked- thanks .
    Centurialcollectibles.com

EBAY SELLER ID CENTURYCOLL
    Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its gonna happen. at least you were honest on your part
  • Options
    techwritertechwriter Posts: 584 ✭✭
    I have to agree that this is a buyer you really don't need. I've had an almost identical situation when buying on the Bay; seller was apologetic, refunded my money upon seeing

his error, and thus received good feedback from me.

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: mainejoe
    Last time I had one of "those" buyers I fixed him this way. First off, yes, full refund, still complained. So I chose to send him a comparable note as a courtesy, at NO cost. Still nasty and negative feedback left. So I presented it to Ebay CS, and requested his negative be removed, and they did it right off.

In the end it only cost me less than $10, and the negative was gone. Worth it to me!

While the actual negative comment was removed, the voted numbers still factor into your count
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can get banned for sending that message. I do hope you reported him.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Hi Dave, Many Thanks for sharing. I have bought from you in the past and you are one of the good guys. I was doing some checking around and the funny thing is I actually bought something from this seller in the past. I am not going to say it was some communication love fest but the bottom line is it was a straight forward transaction. No problems. I was shocked to see how he treated you. Generally you can expect this kind of behavior from the buyers only crowd, especially those newbies and low feedback folks. To see this kind of behavior from someone who lives both sides of the eBay experience baffles me. Well...I blocked them. I do not know what their problem is but I don't need it.