Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Question

I'm new to this forum, so please excuse my ignorance...what exactly does "bump" mean on these message boards, and how do you post images of card you want to sell or trade?

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    PSA now gives half grades so, by way of example, folks will sometimes try to get a PSA 7 or 8 they already have "bumped" by PSA to a 7.5 or 8.5, which in some cases can significant increase the value of the card

For posting pictures you can upload your scans to a host site. I use photobucket. Then you can select the scans in your photo bucket account and use the copy image location option on the site, then click in the little photo icon line in the reply or post box here on this site and paste in the image. Others may have better ideas or suggestions
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Bump is also a post by the original poster designed to 'bump' the post back to the top.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated, now I know how to post pictures and what a "bump" is.
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smallpaul...

Never feel like your question is founded on ignorance. We're all pretty cool here, this isn't the "flamer" website. Just toss out the question as best you can and you should always receive a pretty good answer. I've been around here about 9 years longer than you, and from time to time, I still have questions.

My response to your "bump" question would have been along the lines of a poster trying to keep his topic alive by simply typing "bump', hitting the enter button and presto, his post rises to the top of the page.

However, bumping does apply to the half-point system instituted some years ago by PSA...must say I am not a fan of the half-point and always saw it as a money grab by PSA to keep their graders busy. I will say though, full disclosure...I have seriously gained $$ by recycling cards through the system. So, ponder this, hold a PSA 8 and a PSA 8.5 at arms length and tell me the difference...can't be done...but, it does enhance standings in the Registered set department...guilty there too.