Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Two 93 SP Packs.... And

No Jeter! Dammit!

Bought 2 more... Come on BBCE lets get me a good pack!
Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt

Comments

• Options
    And may your Jeter NOT be min size required as mine have been.
  • Options
    Noooo that's awful. Did you pull from a pack? I've read that's a huge problem with that card.
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope ya land one Nate!

Got a great story on that.

In 1993, I was stationed at Ft. Hamilton, NY.

Right outside the base is a small card shop.

My son and I went in and he purchased just 1 pack of SP.

He pulled a Jeter. We still have the card.

They're so condition sensitive - it was exmt right out of the pack.

edit: here's the card:

I did give him a bum steer tho - because of the way they looked, I talked him into a box of something else. Bad idea.

The "X' scratch by hit feet is from my old scanner.
    Mike
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The surface and bottom left corner is so tough on those

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Thank you! Ahh that's an awesome story pulling one from one pack! Hopefully I have better luck with these next two packs
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: n8miller00

Thank you! Ahh that's an awesome story pulling one from one pack! Hopefully I have better luck with these next two packs

I never have that luck Nate - but my kid did!

When we were stationed at Ft. Gordon, GA in 1992, we went to San Antonio to visit family.

We went into the 7-11 and he bought 1 pack of 92UD - and pulled a Jordan SP!!

We still have the card. At one point, I would say they were trading in the 40 to 50 buck range?
    Mike
  • Options
    Oh I remember those very well, haha. Hot commodity back then... not so much now. Great pack pull back then!! Ha I should have my packs sent to him to open for me because like you, I don't have that kind of luck!!
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Well.... 0/4 in 93 SP packs now.... Looks like it's 2 more then I may have to call it quits, haha.
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Busted a box of these last year and got the aforementioned 'min size required' Jeter.

The other deal though with the box was the packs were literal bricks. All cards horrendously stuck together without option to separate. One thing learned though and at least was happy with: FOILS DON'T STICK

All the foil cards slid right off without any sticking of any kind to any other card.
  • Options
    Yup, I've had every card stick and portions of it peel off except for the foils....
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Well the next to pack (5&6) should be here tomorrow or Thursday, wish me luck. Breaking down and buying a box if I don't get one here!
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    Well my 5th pack had a Chipper Jones and my 6th..... Skunked! Didn't have a foil card!

I'm now 0/6. May just buy a box and call it a day!
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    ChancePChanceP Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Theres none of the Jeters on ebay right now I wanted to pick one up

• Options
    Well after going 0 for 6 in 93 SP packs I decided just to try my luck buying one raw. I think this would've been a really nice one if it weren't for some soft corners.

The mark on the back left side in the white background is scanner dust (NOT ON CARD).

Nate

BST References:

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Looks good! Send it in!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Which service level would you suggest? I'm bad with choosing and I never know if my declared value or service level will affect the grade I get (sorry - newer to all f this).
    Nate

BST References:

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you paid less than $100 for it, sub it in any monthly special. From the scans, a PSA 6 is probably worst case which is under the threshold. A PSA 7 is worth a bit over, but not enough that they'd likely charge extra for it.

From my experience, a higher service level has zero impact on grades received. I've been as crushed or blessed on those as any other service level. I would use the price you paid (including shipping) as declared value, that's all you'd likely be reimbursed if anything should happen and it's primarily used for insurance purposes when shipping back to you.
  • Options
    Perfect, thanks
    Nate

BST References: