Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

DELETE

As stated I'm back into collecting after getting away from it for 20 years. Sold my Jordan RC about 15 years ago when I was in college and now I want one back for my PC.

I found someone selling an 86 Set with Stickers and he sent me this photo. My question is, can these cards in the cases be fake or can people make counterfeit cases? I'm waiting for a clearer pic with S/N visible but I also wonder if they can just look up a S/N and print that and throw it in there.

Sorry just being cautious. He's asking for $2k for the set and sticker set including both of these.

Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am no expert on counterfeit cases for Beckett, but my understanding is that their holders are fairly secure. Do your due diligence on the seller, but I think they look ok to me.
    Steve
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Pay with Paypal goods and services only. No friends and family. No Western Union. I think they look good. Best of luck.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I collect mainly bgs/bvg graded cards and have never seen or heard about a fake case. I'm sure it is possible for someone to crack open the case and slip in a counterfeit but the case (similar to psa's) will show significant damage/frosting along the edges.
    The cases look fine from pic provided.
  • Options
    Thanks guys
    Nate

BST References:

DanBessette, lwehlers, Lee17, 07diedrt
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5
    Pay with Paypal goods and services only. No friends and family. No Western Union. I think they look good. Best of luck.

The above is key, it's your only protection.

TO REPEAT YOU CANNOT USE THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY OPTION AND STILL BE COVERED.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Cakes

Originally posted by: MULLINS5

The above is key, it's your only protection.

TO REPEAT YOU CANNOT USE THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY OPTION AND STILL BE COVERED.

False. Use a credit card to fund F+F and you're g2g.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think those cases are fine. Beckett cases are the most solid/secure in the business. I think that they are best as far as protecting the card bar none. Many of my pc cards are in Beckett holders. I have always felt that if I drop a psa card, there is a chance for minor edge damage because there is a slight amount of movement inside the holder. You get no movement inside a bgs holder.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    solid centering on the 7.5 #57